Why isn't Shazam finding any songs?

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Shazam not finding any songs

HI! Is anyone else having trouble with Shazam on Windows 10 Mobile? I have been trying to get it to work for about 10 days now with no luck. I have uninstalled/reinstalled a few times with no luck. When I'm listening to music, no matter how close I get, nothing happens in Shazam - it simply sits on the "Listening..." screen and spins and spins.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Shazam not finding any songs

It works ok on my Lumia 625 running build 10586.
I find it works better with my phone led down flat, as opposed to holding it in my hand.
Failing that I would advise a soft reset and then a hard reset as a last resort.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you try Cortana Music Search?

Open Cortana, tap microphone icon, then tap music note icon at the top of the screen.

Works like a charm for me.

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is an option, but I like Shazam because it will keep track of the songs I listen to. I have made sure the microphone is enabled and still nothing. I'm annoyed - I've contacted Shazam support 3 times with no response.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Cortana is an option, but I like Shazam because it will keep track of the songs I listen to. I have made sure the microphone is enabled and still nothing. I'm annoyed - I've contacted Shazam support 3 times with no response.

Cortana keeps track of songs as well. It's in the notebook under music searches

Pablo Liz

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Cortana keeps track of songs as well. It's in the notebook under music searches

Do you have Windows 10 mobile? How do you have access to music search history? I have Windows 10 10586 build and I only see the 10 (ten) last searches in the music symbol (upper right corner)

I Like Cheese

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my 950. Just spins. Microphone is enabled. Tried with my 635 with 10586 and works on that device. Seems like it may be 950 specific problem ?

harriet123

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Yep, same problem on the 950. Has anyone actually managed to get Shazam to find a song on the Lumia 950?

harriet123

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

I figured out a workaround for this bug. Tap the 'listen button', it will listen without returning a result. Then lock the screen (using the hardware button). Then unlock the screen - Shazam should still be open. Try again - it should work now.

I Like Cheese

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Not ideal, but that does make work. thanks !!! Seems like you only have to do this once, continues to work as it should as long as you leave the app run in background. If you completely close it out it goes back to not working.

JamesCartash

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

It s ridiculous that this problem keep existing on 950 after so many builds..
And yes the workaround works indeed, but IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Heath Huxtable

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have given up and started using sound hound, which I am no fan of. Any news on the fix for Shazam on my 950 without having to use the workaround? This looks like a hardware issue so why doesn't #Microsoft respond at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos