Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vaibhav Chauhan
  • 1 Post By WP8addict
    Developer

With temple run released, i cant help but play it all day. Lets all post our stats for fun!
    wp_ss_20130329_0013%5B1%5D.jpg

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Its always missing my swipes, hence I cant go more than 1000m if all goes well. Hope for a fix soon
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (black) Network: Vodafone Portugal
    Gamertag: Garghas
    Social Networks: Instagram - Twitter - Photoplay: bmltavares - Vine: Bruno Tavares (feel free to add me)
    Developer

Working flawlessly on my 820. Try re installing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garghas View Post
    Its always missing my swipes, hence I cant go more than 1000m if all goes well. Hope for a fix soon
    Password Generator | Password Generator+ | Easy Shortcuts! | Secure Chat | Night Clock

FLY OR DIE.

Current Devices: Nokia Lumia 820, Lumia 620

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garghas View Post
    same. I upgraded to the latest version, and after I make a very clear and deliberate swipe to the left or the right, the runner just commits suicide over the edge...

on my old iphone, I can rock temple run and temple run 2, both with scores over 10 million.

I had a much higher score on my ipod, I too suffer from random unrecognized swipes

Edit: It could be a placebo effect, but in my setting I put my sensitivity at about 75% and I get further now.. if I put it to 100% I die every time I turn the corner. Im pretty sure the setting is for tilt sensitivity, but I do get further now so idk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130330_0001.jpg  

yeah, suffer from not responsive swipe :/

same here, can't stop but play all day......freakin' bugs killing me though. sometimes my screen goes blank, sometimes touch wont respond :(

Other than that, runs pretty smooth in my Lumia 822 :)

wp_ss_20130331_0001%5B1%5D.jpg
    Developer

I have also realised that i get out because of missed swipes half the time!! And found 1 or 2 UI bugs. And if a message/email comes while playing, the vibration really kills the game. :/

wp_ss_20130331_0002%5B2%5D.jpg
    Bug after going to homescreen and coming back:
    wp_ss_20130331_0003%5B1%5D.jpg
    Password Generator | Password Generator+ | Easy Shortcuts! | Secure Chat | Night Clock

FLY OR DIE.

WP8addict likes this.

well, your score is inspiring me to become more obsessed with the game each minute vibhav, LOL

I suggest to change your touch sensitivity from "High" to "Normal" in SETTINGS --> DISPLAY+TOUCH, specially for those who are having "missing swipes" issue. It made a lot of difference for me also the game is way more smother after changing the touch sensitivity.

MY NEW HIGH SCORE
    wp_ss_20130331_0002%5B1%5D.jpg
    Developer

Hehe, will try turning ss touch off but i'm not having much trouble, although somehow i cant touch the 5km mark.
    Most of the time i jump and hug the trees rather than sliding below them.

FLY OR DIE.

I have a pretty good one on my tablet, but I want to get a new highscore with my WP; but as ppl mentioned the controls are less sensitive and miss my swipes sometimes.. I hope they fix that with next update

Quote Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan View Post
    Hehe, will try turning ss touch off but i'm not having much trouble, although somehow i cant touch the 5km mark.
    Most of the time i jump and hug the trees rather than sliding below them.
    Strange, the exact same thing happens to me all the time.....i end up hugging the trees instead of sliding beneath them

well, another strange thing happens to me in the middle of the game........all of a sudden out of the blue my screens goes like this and i end up dead
    wp_ss_20130401_0001%5B1%5D.png

BTW i crossed 5k mark, YAY......but couldn't yet cross your score :(
    wp_ss_20130401_0003%5B1%5D.jpg

I ended up uninstalling Temple Run because the inability to register swipes. For the sake of comparison, I started it up on my iPad 2 and by contrast found the game effortless to play. The WP version requires too much attention simply to ensure swipes are being registered properly and compensate when they're not. It's not fun. On the iPad I'm barely paying attention and can easily get twice as far. That said, I might reinstall it if these issues get fixed.

I've got sensitivity on normal, by the way.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    yeps, Imangi needs to do some serious optimizations in the game!

crossed 6K mark hoping for an update asap from imangi with the bugs cleared and better graphics
    wp_ss_20130402_0003%5B1%5D.jpg
    Not typically one to just throw cold water on stuff, but with the poor way this game launched, I feel like Microsoft maybe tossed them a bit of money and had them half-bake something for them. I wouldn't expect a real update for a bit myself, because I'm guessing they either didn't care or they're legitimately working on releasing the sequel.

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts
    Just got an update for this game today. Now at version 1.5.1. Looks and plays very well on my 8X.
    Developer

EDIT: Updated. But no visible changes.

I also saw the update, but it showed some error and just disappeared, not its stuck at 1.5.0. :(
    Last edited by Vaibhav Chauhan; 04-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.

FLY OR DIE.

Developer

You can't complain now!! :P
    wp_ss_20130418_0002%5B1%5D.jpg

FLY OR DIE.

This is my best score so far - but the controls are damn awful. It simply decides to ignore your swipes when the coin thing is full.

Developer

Impressive enough, although i find that i'm used to the game now, no more missing swipes.

FLY OR DIE.

Take this for a score guys........hehaha

wp_ss_20130717_0002%5B1%5D.jpg
    Developer

Not to brag or anything but:

wp_ss_20130820_0014%5B1%5D.jpg

:P

FLY OR DIE.