Lumia 925 improved battery life with GDR3 Preview.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The Battery life of my L925 seems to have improved since I updated to the GDR3 Preview & wondered if anyone else has noticed the same with GDR3 Preview on the L925?

Roland

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
+1 for improved battery life. 23 hours and still got 18% left. Same sort of usage before as well, got about 18-20 hours earlier.

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't improved in the slightest. I get 12-15% p/h drainage without using the phone much. I have 8 apps in background tasks (WhatsApp, WPCentral, Engadget, Bible, MeTweets, 6tag, battery, AccuWeather and Simple Calendar), none which should be using a lot of battery and nothing open in multitasks. Phone also runs quite warm.

It's been like this a few weeks now and I don't know what changed. Highly annoying..

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Mine hasn't improved in the slightest. I get 12-15% p/h drainage without using the phone much. I have 8 apps in background tasks (WhatsApp, WPCentral, Engadget, Bible, MeTweets, 6tag, battery, AccuWeather and Simple Calendar), none which should be using a lot of battery and nothing open in multitasks. Phone also runs quite warm.

It's been like this a few weeks now and I don't know what changed. Highly annoying..

I would restart the phone if it's running warm and losing battery that much. If that doesn't help, you might want to disable all those background items, restart and see if the problem goes away, then turn them on 1 at a time to see if one of those is causing a problem.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has improved significantly also, but I have a 620.

Previously my battery at this time would be at 50-60%. Now it's between 70 and 80%. A noticeable improvement with the same usage.

Last night I had 40% left while previously I would have had 20% left.

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I would restart the phone if it's running warm and losing battery that much. If that doesn't help, you might want to disable all those background items, restart and see if the problem goes away, then turn them on 1 at a time to see if one of those is causing a problem.

Tried restarting a few times, maybe I'll try disabling each of them. I did each one for like an hour last week to see if there was any difference but didn't do more than 1 at a time.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Improved how exactly?
How many hours did it last before and after GDR3?

I used to get something in the range of 1 Day 11 hours, and go from 100% when I took it off charge before I went to bed and it would be around the 38% the next morning with Battery Saver switched on and set to conserve battery when battery is low, running GDR2 OS 8.0.10328.78.

I took it off charge before I went to bed last night and it was still on 100% this morning. It's now currently on 77% with 1 Day 11 hours remaining and its not been plugged in since 21 hours ago with Battery Saver switched on and set to conserve battery when battery is low.

My usage hasn't changed much still doing the occasional Wifi or Cell Data Connection switched on (mainly when I want it, but might have an experiment with Cell Data Connection always on after I charge next) and quite a few SMS sent a day.

Roland

nitingupta5

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
discharge rate is 12-15% when i am not doing anything on the phone. i have blocked all the background tasks but hasn't helped at all. The phone is definitely running something in the background that is causing it to drain so fast. The only thing remaining is two email accounts that are refreshed every 2 hours.
I have restarted it many times but no use. The phone is only 5 days old.
Please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon