Why is this site so slow in WP IE? Honest question!

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
There are so many ads on this site and elements that its just horrible at loading on mobile IE (WP 8.1) both in desktop mode and mobile mode.

My Icon just chugs at loading the page, going from article to article to simple navigation is just terrible.

I know you guys have an app but seriously, even on the desktop sometimes it takes forever to load, not to mention the app is less than ideal and in most cases I would prefer to use IE to view this site than the app.

Is there any plans to optimize or at least reduce the load times to make the experience tolerable on a mobile device?

I can record a video to show how poor of a viewing experience this site is, surely you guys have tried going here on your WP devices....?

Honest feedback would be appreciated...

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Blame MSFT.., Lol. But wait ads you are complaining about aren't even reverent to Windows on Phones. Dam Android, iOS and Google ads slow this site tremendously. I understand your frustration. Yes a quick fix is necessary.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@mortici - sorry to hear of the troubles you're having!

Definitely record a video to show us the problems you're experiencing. We keep pushing fixes to the site consistently, and want to continue to address any issues our members encounter. The more feedback we can get, the better.

​Thank you!

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It was also my problem when using the site and surprisingly the issue is only with WP8.1 IE, I do noticed that browsing in IOS and Android are perfectly smooth specially on IOS, if I were to rate the site I would rate it 4/10 and buggy(BUT ONLY IF BROWSING WITH WP's IE).

To the developers, please improve the app instead the site's issue is MS's fault from not implementing a better browser for WP 8.1

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Check out WPU website, holy crap is it smooth both in Edge on my SP3 but on my WP8.1 device as well, super sleek and fast. Jesus, contact them and find out what they are using to render their site cause its gorgeous and smooth.

The menu button sucks but in landscape mode is freaking perfect.

The site runs like crap on Edge and WP8.1 haven't tried on W10, but if its Edge its probably gonna run like crap. I dunno if its the ads causing the slow performance or the site in general is just to heavy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon