Syncing Playlists

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is awful... I am using the Windows 7 WP8 connector and it doesn't sync all of my songs...
Can someone explain me why or how to add the other ones? I'm starting to get annoyed by WP8.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is awful... I am using the Windows 7 WP8 connector and it doesn't sync all of my songs...
Can someone explain me why or how to add the other ones? I'm starting to get annoyed by WP8.

What i just realized is that Xbox Music only syncs DRM-free songs. So if you want all of your songs available to you, try to find another way to make all the songs DRM-free.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What i just realized is that Xbox Music only syncs DRM-free songs. So if you want all of your songs available to you, try to find another way to make all the songs DRM-free.

I have a Zune Music Pass and Xbox Music still synced my DRM songs. Granted I had to make sure both my phone and computer where listed as authorized devices on the Xbox.com website. The only thing I can't seem to do is import my Zune playlists even though they show up in Xbox Music.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zune Music Pass and Xbox Music still synced my DRM songs. Granted I had to make sure both my phone and computer where listed as authorized devices on the Xbox.com website. The only thing I can't seem to do is import my Zune playlists even though they show up in Xbox Music.

What phone and OS version do you have? Because the main computer I use for my Zune songs runs Windows XP. Could that be the reason why I can't get the songs on my phone? Because my Surface running Windows RT only shows the DRM-free songs as well.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and I'm using Windows 8. When I first imported my music I noticed that some of my DRM songs wouldn't play because it couldn't verify the usage rights. However, I just pressed play a second time and haven't had a problem since. Just to be safe, make sure your computer and phone are listed on the Xbox Music Device page.

I did manage to get some of my playlists imported from my Zune to my 920. I had to use the WP8 Desktop App. Unfortunately, some of the playlists list 0 songs despite the fact that they all play fine under Zune and Xbox Music on my computer. I noticed that the playlists that won't play are the ones that I copied-pasted from my previous Windows 7 installation. I'm guessing Zune/Xbox Music did a great job of automatically fixing the broken file paths but the 920 can't fix the old file paths hence why it says 0 songs.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and I'm using Windows 8. When I first imported my music I noticed that some of my DRM songs wouldn't play because it couldn't verify the usage rights. However, I just pressed play a second time and haven't had a problem since. Just to be safe, make sure your computer and phone are listed on the Xbox Music Device page.

I did manage to get some of my playlists imported from my Zune to my 920. I had to use the WP8 Desktop App. Unfortunately, some of the playlists list 0 songs despite the fact that they all play fine under Zune and Xbox Music on my computer. I noticed that the playlists that won't play are the ones that I copied-pasted from my previous Windows 7 installation. I'm guessing Zune/Xbox Music did a great job of automatically fixing the broken file paths but the 920 can't fix the old file paths hence why it says 0 songs.

But I use cloud streaming for my music. I think it's different because Xbox Music on my phone should sync my collection to my phone and Surface, but it doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes