02-10-2017 02:03 PM
70 123
tools
    Blame lies with the rep for misleading the customer actually.
    Please tell me why a person working in a T-Mobile store could be expected do care one bit about a customer taking a phone to AT&T? I don't think AT&T will send him a survey asking "How was your experience?" There will be little or no help from either side. But it is something we all can learn from and hopefully not make the same mistake.
    11-15-2016 12:11 PM
    Please tell me why a person working in a T-Mobile store could be expected do care one bit about a customer taking a phone to AT&T? I don't think AT&T will send him a survey asking "How was your experience?" There will be little or no help from either side. But it is something we all can learn from and hopefully not make the same mistake.
    Because they get credit for the sale?
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-15-2016 01:39 PM
    Because they get credit for the sale?
    I don't believe there is a lot of money to be made in the hardware. The line of service is where the real cash is.
    editguy likes this.
    11-15-2016 02:24 PM
    Got my email response from TMobile today. Denying request for unlock stating again the 40 day requirement.
    11-15-2016 03:29 PM
    Got my email response from TMobile today. Denying request for unlock stating again the 40 day requirement.
    Ahh that's annoying. So what happens now?
    11-15-2016 03:47 PM
    The only thing I can do is wait. I reactivated my old tmobile account for $3 a month to get the clock rolling. I have 2 lines on ATT so I'm considering just switching one over for just the first month and upgrading that plan to unlimited call and texting only. I'll be going on vacation soon and I wont actually need the data on that line, and wifi calling will work just fine for the few calls I do actually make.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-15-2016 04:45 PM
    This will likely be my last post on this topic because I want to clarify the price. At this particular store (franchise, not official tmobile). The price is only $469.99 if you finance/stay on tmobile for 24 months. Simply buying the device outright with or without a plan $499.99. See actual advertised price
    img_20161115_163145.jpg
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    11-15-2016 08:10 PM
    Simply buying the device outright with or without a plan $499.99.
    Actually, that doesn't apply if you're a current post-paid T-Mobile customer. I selected upgrade my phone and this is what came up. It says "Or pay in full at checkout $469.99".
    alcatel-tmo.png
    Kacchan likes this.
    11-15-2016 11:33 PM
    If you can come to grips with paying 569 vs 469 for the phone TMobile will unlock your phone right away, you just need to pay the 469 and 2 months of the $50 prepay plan upfront and they will unlock it within 24hrs...I would assume you could either use the service or sell the sim to someone for 100 or 75 or what ever you can get...
    libra89 likes this.
    11-21-2016 03:11 PM
    Wow! That sounds like a nightmare.
    11-21-2016 05:20 PM
    What no customer laws in US stating if a product is bought outright it is yours....
    11-21-2016 08:07 PM
    What no customer laws in US stating if a product is bought outright it is yours....
    That's the thing. Didn't Obama sign a bill where carriers HAVE to unlock your phone?
    11-22-2016 08:08 AM
    That's the thing. Didn't Obama sign a bill where carriers HAVE to unlock your phone?
    Yeah someone mention that
    11-22-2016 09:12 AM
    Doesn't matter how much you like the phone, best advice is to NEVER buy a carrier locked phone unless you intend to use that carrier, especially in the US. They will happily sell you the phone but do their hardest to stop you from unlocking it and taking it to use elsewhere. Save yourself the stress and just don't buy locked phones in the first place.
    11-22-2016 10:25 AM
    Doesn't matter how much you like the phone, best advice is to NEVER buy a carrier locked phone unless you intend to use that carrier, especially in the US. They will happily sell you the phone but do their hardest to stop you from unlocking it and taking it to use elsewhere. Save yourself the stress and just don't buy locked phones in the first place.
    I would if this was an option.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-22-2016 11:31 AM
    With a GSM carrier, there will always be options. I'm not suggesting someone should sacrifice for the "cause", but I doubt carrier exclusive phones will become a thing of the past as long as most of us feel there isn't an option. Carrier exclusive phones are pretty few and far between in other markets. If enough of us buy non-carrier phones whenever its not TOO painful, eventually they will dry up. But it will take some pain. The key is to not feel we must have a specific item, when there are alternatives. Every time someone buys a carrier exclusive phone, they are VOTING to continue the process. Yeah, its just one vote, so none of us bear a huge responsibility, but those votes add up.
    editguy, theefman and TgeekB like this.
    11-22-2016 12:04 PM
    Of course there is an option, you don't actually have to buy this phone. There is no reason why anyone would be so desperate to buy the phone now that they would willingly buy it when its locked to a different network that's known to have spotty support for the platform. It will either be sold in other parts of the world in a few months or an equivalent (or better), more accessible device will come along.

Over the last few years I have used the best WP devices (Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520.3) and it was on Tmobile where they were never officially carried. I'm using a Lumia 1520.3 in the US right now and wouldn't buy the Alcatel for any reason, especially when you consider how Tmobile has abandoned phones after only a few months. So no, I don't see a reason why anyone would buy this locked to Tmo, its just not worth it in the end.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-23-2016 11:15 AM
    Of course there is an option, you don't actually have to buy this phone. There is no reason why anyone would be so desperate to buy the phone now that they would willingly buy it when its locked to a different network that's known to have spotty support for the platform. It will either be sold in other parts of the world in a few months or an equivalent (or better), more accessible device will come along.

Over the last few years I have used the best WP devices (Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520.3) and it was on Tmobile where they were never officially carried. I'm using a Lumia 1520.3 in the US right now and wouldn't buy the Alcatel for any reason, especially when you consider how Tmobile has abandoned phones after only a few months. So no, I don't see a reason why anyone would buy this locked to Tmo, its just not worth it in the end.
    Think you got it wrong. What I meant was if the phone was selling unlocked somewhere like through Microsoft store, I would buy it. As it is now, I can't. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I will keep chugging along with my 640 until it is sold unlocked elsewhere or another phone comes along
    editguy and libra89 like this.
    11-23-2016 02:26 PM
    Of course there is an option, you don't actually have to buy this phone. There is no reason why anyone would be so desperate to buy the phone now that they would willingly buy it when its locked to a different network that's known to have spotty support for the platform. It will either be sold in other parts of the world in a few months or an equivalent (or better), more accessible device will come along. Over the last few years I have used the best WP devices (Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520.3) and it was on Tmobile where they were never officially carried. I'm using a Lumia 1520.3 in the US right now and wouldn't buy the Alcatel for any reason, especially when you consider how Tmobile has abandoned phones after only a few months. So no, I don't see a reason why anyone would buy this locked to Tmo, its just not worth it in the end.
    I'm on t-mobile, and I was happy to buy it locked to the network. Why? Wi-Fi calling. Something my unlocked 950 doesn't have and will never get. Very much worth it for me.Obviously, for someone not on t-mobile, it makes no sense...(unless wi-fi calling would work on any carrier)
    Last edited by dorelse; 11-23-2016 at 07:26 PM.
    editguy, libra89 and pedrojustice like this.
    11-23-2016 05:45 PM

I understand where you are coming from but you have to remember that as Windows Mobile/Phone users, there aren't many options at this point in time. The Idol 4s seems like an amazing phone, and additionally, it seems to fit in with the 950s, but doesn't have the price tag of the Elite x3. We do not know if it will be sold or not unlocked, even though that would be great.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-23-2016 08:52 PM
    Actually it was very easy to have tmobile unlock this phone, it only requires 2 things which are not an issue, 1 the phone must be outside of the return policy (14 days) and 2. you have to be willing to pay an additional 100 for the phone (569 vs 469) however you are getting something for the 100 2 months of prepay service, you can 1 use the service or 2 sell the sim to someone. this is all that is required to unlock the phone... the phone is well worth the 569 you would pay even if you did nothing with the service..
    editguy and libra89 like this.
    11-26-2016 11:13 AM
    Actually it was very easy to have tmobile unlock this phone, it only requires 2 things which are not an issue, 1 the phone must be outside of the return policy (14 days) and 2. you have to be willing to pay an additional 100 for the phone (569 vs 469) however you are getting something for the 100 2 months of prepay service, you can 1 use the service or 2 sell the sim to someone. this is all that is required to unlock the phone... the phone is well worth the 569 you would pay even if you did nothing with the service..
    So if I am understanding you correctly, do you mention that you want it to be unlocked out the gate or no?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2016 04:18 PM
    So if I am understanding you correctly, do you mention that you want it to be unlocked out the gate or no?
    I am on att so yes and it took 14 days of waiting time because of the return policy had to expire before I could get it unlocked.
    libra89, RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    11-27-2016 07:09 AM
    It's the same thing last year when att got the 950 and us T-Mobile customers were left with nothing

Sent from mTalk
    libra89, RumoredNow and RaRa85 like this.
    11-30-2016 06:54 AM
    I'm officially unlocked and back on ATT. It's good to be back, and to finally have service at my moms house and around town etc!

[edit] I've been driving around town for the last few hours doing errands. However even though I have 3 or full bars and 3g, I actually get zero data. I've rebooted my phone several times. So basically I can only talk and text. I did have data for a very short while while I was driving (in car mode). I was texting my sister, cortana read the text to me asked for me to reply after she asked what I wanted to say she said i can't connect right now try again in a little bit. Since then I haven't been able to use data once.
    Last edited by RobbieRobski; 12-24-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    libra89, RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    12-23-2016 08:17 PM
70 123