Camera Glass Shattering

mammbo3

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the glass in front of the camera shattering?

Mine had this issue a few months ago and it was replaced under warranty for a different issue. The glass just in front of the camera last week cracked again. The phone was in my pocket both times...and I do not wear tight fitting pants. The most recent time, it happened while I was on a roller coaster and the first time it happened while I was jumping over a fence. No, I do not use a case for my phone.

tl;dr Has anyone else experienced the back camera glass shattering under non-impact stresses?

See somewhat blurry picture below:
WIN_20170925_15_55_14_Pro.jpg

jcatx03

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
same thing happened to my wife's 4s. Phone is in perfect condition except the camera glass. It still takes ok pics, except in real bright sunlight, get some light bleed over in the shots. Any one have any ideas on a fix? Think this is something a local phone repair shop can replace?

mammbo3

May 13, 2015
Visit site
You can order a new back glass panel online. I did the first time it broke....but somehow I broke the cellular connection during the glass replacement. This time, I just picked the glass out from in front of the camera and will just try to use it that way. We will see how that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa