Alcatel IDOL 4S (T-Mobile - USA) got the Fall Creatures Update

klewis2046

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, apparently Windows 10 mobile is dead but I received the Fall Creatures Update on my IDOL 4S this morning running on the T-Mobile network. My experiences with this phone have been great. I'm am not in any hurry to let go of this phone quite yet but eventually I'm going to have to let it go. Since the Idol 4S is part of the recent Microsoft Windows Mobile support list then going to hang on to it a little while longer. Haven't got a chance to play around with it much since the FCU but noticed the vibrant smooth visual changes without having to go to the about section and seeing the version change to 1709. While going to the settings I did notice that the settings section rotated as I rotated my phone. Will be digging in checking other features that the FCU brings. I know the features are not going to be flowing like Niagara Falls but it's nice to get an update from a mobile platform that is dead.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I still like my Idol 4s. It is my only phone and I am not planning on replacing it for a while. I bought it in January, so I have had it less than a year. I will continue with it for at least another year, probably longer.

cntax

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How long did your update take? I've been stuck at 18% on "Migrating your data (Step 5 of 9)" for about 30 minutes now. Afraid to reset and brick my phone. Any suggestions?

klewis2046

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My phone update happened automatically overnight...sooo don’t know how long it took. I might be too late in answering your question but I would give it more time to update before resetting it. I would say after about an hour if nothing happens then somethings wrong. Hope All went well....

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
How long did your update take? I've been stuck at 18% on "Migrating your data (Step 5 of 9)" for about 30 minutes now. Afraid to reset and brick my phone. Any suggestions?

Mine installed and then on required restart, it was stuck on T-Mobile screen. Thought it was bricked! I played around with various combinations of power and volume buttons and it finally rebooted and now its fine. Prior to that, I had a couple errors on initial install attempts. It's not my daily driver anymore due to battery issue, so I was open to experimentation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes