Need Non T-Mobile nano SIM

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 T-Mobile Idol 4Ss on my T-Mobile account that I want to unlock, T-Mobile sent me the unlock codes but the procedure requires a non-T-Mobile SIM to be in the phone. With some other T-Mobile Windows phones there was an alternative procedure that did not have that requirement which I suspect is something T-Mobile came up with to discourage unlocking. But I can't find a procedure that doesn't need a SIM for the 4S. Anyway, I have an AT&T micro-SIM I've used to unlock T-Mobile Windows phones that take a micro. I don't want to try to trim that down in case I need that size again should one of my lines end up with a L640 or other micro-SIM Windows phone that eventually needs to be unlocked.

What would be the cheapest/easiest way to acquire some other carrier nano-SIM? It doesn't need to be activated. Maybe go thru the dumpster behind an AT&T store?

I'm a little mad at myself because one of the T-Mobile 4Ss I bought as new turned out to be used so I returned it. It actually had another carrier sim in it (not activated, I checked). Kicking myself for not keeping that nano SIM when I sent the phone back.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
you don't have any friends or other relatives who use other carriers? coworker?

Edit: maybe go into another carrier store and ask them nicely to test out their sim because yours could be bad. You could also try a "pay as you go" sim.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
you don't have any friends or other relatives who use other carriers? coworker?

Edit: maybe go into another carrier store and ask them nicely to test out their sim because yours could be bad. You could also try a "pay as you go" sim.
Thanks. I thought of borrowing one but.... Retired, so no co-workers. Friends I can think of are on T-Mobile or have older phones with micro-SIMs. All relatives on T-Mobile.

Not understanding borrowing one at a carrier store. You mean tell them I am a customer and think my SIM is bad? I don't understand their motivation if I tell them anything else, and wouldn't they see I'm not a customer when I remove the T-Mobile SIM?

And would I be stretching it to tell them I think I'm having trouble with the SIMs in three separate but identical phones that carrier never sold? ;)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Where are you located?

Edit: Your best bet to get one local. Sometimes non-corporate carrier stores in them you'll come across laid back staff that will give them to you for free.

You can buy sim starter kit at Walmart or even Target but they can cost around 10 dollars.

I have many nano sims (Cricket/AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/other MVNOs/etc.). If your local to me I'll give you one or as many as you need for free. If not shoot me a pm and I'll try to mail one to you this week....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720