Slow data on WiFi Idol 4s - any guesses why?

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Any guesses as to why I'm getting slow data speeds with wifi connection to home router. All my other devices are 50/ or so (including a different phone) but my Idol 4s is about 2/. My T-Mobile cell data is very fast though. I've connect with both the regular Netgear and the one that says 5g. Both slow.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Is this different than it used to be? If yes, then try a good old soft reset on your phone and rebooting the router won't hurt either. If it's always been much slower than other devices, then probably not much you can do. I found with both my Icon and now a 950XL they don't "like" certain routers and are slower than other devices. At work, my Icon was much slower than home where it performed comparable to other devices. My 950XL does much better at work but only on the downstream. It's pretty much the same as my Icon on the upstream. So where I'm going is, what type of speed do you get on other WiFi's?

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks spicypadthai. It's working now. It was slow for a few days and I powered off a few times with no luck. But as soon as I post my problem, it goes away that afternoon. (But I did switch it back to the non-5g and then powered it down, but both are fast now) I think my phone was trying to embarrass me. It is new upgrade for me over a 640 XL and maybe it was a quirk while it was getting the latest builds from T-Mobile or something. It's a nice phone.

Bill Brooks

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue and have soft reset the phone without any change. I'll try rebooting the router next. The LTE is very fast though. I haven't paid attention at work to see if it slows down on my work wifi. Will check and post again.

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm back to slow speeds again and I can't figure it out. My old Lumia 640 XL and 650 have very fast wifi speeds but this Idol 4s is stuck at about 2/. Anyway the T-Mobile LTE is fast and it doesn't affect my usage but it's kind of annoying. If anyone figures it out, please post here. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon