03-22-2016 05:46 PM
28 12
tools
    I believe Nine is free for two weeks, then it's $9.99 to use/buy.

For the calendar, I have been using Business Calendar 2. The agenda widget doesn't update regularly, hiding appointments that have passed, changing days after midnight, so I have been using the google calendar widget. I don't like it as much, but it updates and the way my brain works (or doesn't) that's the most important part for me.

On the rumor front, Nine says they are working on a calendar. I believe I heard it in a comment/response to a review on the Play store. I hope it's true and comes out soon. Outlook for Android is still missing features and if Nine does a calendar half as well as they do email, it will be pretty good.

David
    01-31-2016 09:40 AM
    That's good to hear. My biggest problem with the calendar situation is in having a good widget or lock screen view. I'd like something elegant (along the lines of most of the time/weather ones) and that presents upcoming appointments in a good way. Even Microsoft messed that up in Windows Phone as any all day event blocked the entire agenda.

Using the Next lock screen has made me start loving this phone. MS could hook into the system calendar and incorporate a good agenda view there.

I didn't see anywhere about the two week trial. It should be more apparent as that could upset some people if it suddenly pops up on them. But it is worth paying for. It's the best email client I've seen on any phone platform.
    01-31-2016 10:35 AM
    To every users that had/have both android and winphone: what do you think about android? Im probably going from win10 lumia 1520 to a zenfone2, what did you miss more about Windows? Share your experience
    I've had a Mote G first gen and now a Mote E 2nd Gen that I use as a secondary device to play with Android. The Biggest things I miss are true Expandable storage(having full apps on your SD card), the Fluidness of the Windows OS, the Windows UI, to me the worst thing about Android is the way updates are handled. Sure there are a bunch of phone choices compared to windows phone but maybe only 1 or 2 will actually be supported longer than a year. The Moto line was great for that but now that they've been bought my Lenovo I can't see them being supported as well as they were under google. If you care about updates your only option with Android is to go with a Nexus phone or some other flagship that promises updates. Sucks for people like me who will not pay over $200 for an Android phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-22-2016 05:46 PM
28 12