Tired of Windows Weekly surface duo review

sabres fan

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Just listened to this week's review of the surface duo on windows weekly. Is it safe to say I disagree with most of what was said? Unlike the hosts I am really enjoying my duo.

Personally, I think that it makes a huge difference with the platform you are using. As a Microsoft 365 user both at home and work, the duo checks all of the boxes for me.
The dual screen is especially nice because it allows me to read my email and take notes in one note simultaneously. I can see my calendar and to do list at the same time and my changes sync to my computer... No need to download multiple apps.

Not everyone wants the Google cloud etc. I like that I can choose and I find that edge has a lot of nice capabilities.

I have used different phones, samsung= bloatware, razer= heavy. I think the duo has a future.

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Just listened to this week's review of the surface duo on windows weekly. Is it safe to say I disagree with most of what was said? Unlike the hosts I am really enjoying my duo.

Many reviewers thrashed S Duo and it was mainly because of buggy software (reminds of L950 debacle). My guess is that there are some issues with the drivers.

Last edited:

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
just about every review I read says it is a great phone in just about every area except software. the software itself is buggy and will improve with updates.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What they don't mention, or don't want to mention, is that many of these bugs are occurring on other Android handsets. Gboard crashed on my OnePlus 8 and Pixel 4XL just as much as my Duo. Custom ringtones are also getting reverted to default Android settings just as on my OP8 and 4XL. I used Android 11 for only a week on a Pixel 4XL before selling it but it felt much more stable, at least the ringtones stayed in place for my contacts and email and the Your Phone app connected without incident. I've stopped using Your Phone and use Dell Mobile Connect exclusively. It has feature parity and I can use my iPhone 11 Pro Max for notifications, calls, texts and photos.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone wants the Google cloud etc. I like that I can choose and I find that edge has a lot of nice capabilities.

I have used different phones, samsung= bloatware, razer= heavy. I think the duo has a future.

It is possible to use Microsoft apps on any Android device. I've used OneDrive on all Android devices I've owned so far.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, which had Microsoft Office apps preinstalled.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to use a different launcher on a Duo, does anyone know?
I've read where some are using Launcher 10, and I've also read it's not very stable. That's my next step (finding an alternative launcher) since the stock MS Launcher is missing quite a few features. Yeah it's eye candy but a $1,400 device shouldn't look like it's running 2.3 Gingerbread.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've used Launcher 10 on my all my Android devices. I've had no trouble with it. My only complaint is that the nav gestures don't work with it if you don't have a fingerprint reader on the front. You have to use the 3 button method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes