RateYourBeer

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, been a member here for some time now and decided to do some shameless self promotion.

I'm the developer of RateYourBeer which was released into the marketplace yesterday (you'll still find it as one of today's 4 new apps at the moment) and I'm already seeing some great feedback via Twitter, reviews and the number of new users who've signed up.

The idea of the app is to have a community driven beer database where anyone can upload what's on tap at their local, and then see it rated by everyone else in the community.

We're not at version 1.0 yet as I haven't implemented contributions inside the app (it's in development) but I'm very keen to get feedback on this early version. So if you're in the UK or Ireland and want to get involved, please give it a download and let me know your ideas for improvement :)

Zune link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=c70757a0-092e-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Available in Canada?

I'd love to make it available worldwide but at present the project is running from a single server located in the UK, and I'm quite certain that users outside the UK will see poor connection speeds, whilst those inside the UK will suffer from the increased load.

If everything takes off I will look at a way to set up a stronger server for worldwide distribution.

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Apologies for bringing this thread back to surface but I need someone with a HTC Mozart if possible, had a review on the marketplace saying the app is not working, unfortunately I can't get hold of a Mozart device and unfortunately there was no further information so I can't fix the problem.

If you have a Mozart and could do some tests I'd greatly appreciate it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon