Weatherman: Customizable Live Tiles!

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Weatherman: LIVE TILES & Metro Themed Weather

Finally, a weather app that lets you customize the live tile!

Weatherman is a unique weather app, combining the ability to view weather around the globe with a real, customizable live tile. Most other weather apps only give you the ability to see the weather "now," but Weatherman has over 10 different choices and styles so you can view the weather that matters the most to you.

Weatherman is global-- it supports almost all major cities around the globe, and it does this with slick animations playing to show you exactly what the weather looks like. You can also choose to display the weather in celsius or fahrenheit.

Download Now From Zune Marketplace

weathermantag.jpg

If you have any questions or problems with the ap, including whether the application supports your city, please send an email to support@wizardapps.net

FileVendor.aspx.png

FileVendor-2.aspx.png

Last edited:

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
We've got an exciting update coming. Here is a preview of some of the new themes (and some of the old) coming in the next few days...

Weatherman now has over 20 themes to choose from! This update will be free for ALL existing users!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
wow those new live tiles look great! Will they mimic the current theme color?

I do have two questions about the app:

1. How often does the live tile update?
2. Some of the longer city names currently extend off the tile and get cut off. Is there any way to customize the city name so it doesn't get cut off? For example, shortening oklahoma city to okc.

Thanks in advance

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
wow those new live tiles look great! Will they mimic the current theme color?

I do have two questions about the app:

1. How often does the live tile update?
2. Some of the longer city names currently extend off the tile and get cut off. Is there any way to customize the city name so it doesn't get cut off? For example, shortening oklahoma city to okc.

Thanks in advance

Yep, all of the live tiles that look as if they should change color will match your accent color (and they do so instantly-- no need to wait for the hourly tile update)

1. The tile will update every hour, but depending on the city the actual data may not change for up to every two or three hours.

2. There currently isn't a way to shorten the name of the city, but I'll definitely take text wrapping or shortening into consideration.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds great!

Another quick question. Will all the tiles sets have a version that shows the current temperature? I notice in the screenshots that only one of the four sets shown has a "now" live tile.

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep, every style has its own "now" tile. There are a bunch of different combos, but every "look" has a minimum of Now, Today, Tomorrow, 2 days in the future, and 3 days in the future. Of course, there may be different days (or combinations of multiple days) for different looks. There are currently over 20 different individual tile styles and hopefully more coming :)

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I was just notified that the app should be in the Marketplace. It may take a few hours to actually show up, but it should be there later tonight.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I already have the app and I am looking forward to the update. Very nice work I can't wait to see what new tiles you come up with. Now if we could just get the weather to be something besides sunny and hot... I live in North Texas so far I think we are on 20 days of 100 degree days

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice update, the new live tiles look very nice! I was hoping to see a "now" version of the live tile with the weather image on it, maybe in the next update?

TIWizard

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nice update, the new live tiles look very nice! I was hoping to see a "now" version of the live tile with the weather image on it, maybe in the next update?

Yeah, definitely. I was going to submit another update today to improve some of the error messages and make them more user friendly, so I'll add that in as well.

EDIT:
Update is finished, going through testing right now. I'll submit it later today if everything goes well and it'll be available next week :)

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got the latest update from the marketplace, very nice! The only thing I would change as of now is to bring some night "icons" to the live tile. It's a little odd to see the sun at 1:00 am ;) That said this is still a great weather app!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes