CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Im a massive lurker at these forums, but thought Id start making an active participation and start answering questions etc. And post my main app on the market:

Pianist

Pianist is a multi-touch Piano app for Windows Phone. It has 9 instruments (at the moment) and has recording and a metronome.

However, it also has a 4 track recording "studio" where you can use a grid to program your music (Want You Gone by Valve - Youtube)

You can grab the trial here: Zune.net

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Version 3.3 is now available with added Guitar, and beat creator.

The app has really come along, but I think im in serious need of a redesign. The current design is a little modular and confusing. I really need an artist! :D

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Purchased this app, it's quite simply the best in its genre. I think the "home screen" could do with some beautification, but the UI is better than what most could come up with and I must commend you for that. Mind you, I really only use the pianist studio and piano features so I can't comment on the rest.

The one thing which I'm on the fence about is the pianist studio. It's a powerful thing, but I find it very hard to actually punch a tune into it. Do you see any way that it could be made more user-friendly or touch-friendly?

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey irlju,

Thanks for purchasing. I really appreciate it, its also valuable to get some direct feedback.

Im in agreement regarding the UI. The home screen is a bit, average ;)

Did you know that you can pinch to zoom the Pianist Studio section?
I find this can make it a little easier to navigate, but it can be quite time consuming inputing notes like this. Thats one of the reasons I created the beat creator. This way you can create a looped drum beat and you don't need to input that into the Studio, that way you can focus on a melody.

I am currently working on a new UI for Pianist that will hopefully make some of these things simpler to use, and also make them more unified so you don't have to keep going back to a main menu to do things.

If you have any further suggestions you know where I am, feel free to PM me anytime or reply to this thread.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Version 4 is now released which was a complete rewrite. Now its live, there are a few bugs floating about and ive submitted a fix for them a minute ago so hopefully all will be well in a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes