[App][Free] Stop the Music!

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
After a lengthy debate in the forums (http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/181676.htm), we made an app that would help people who didn't like the way Windows Phone 7 dealt with the music playback controls once you had finished listening to your music.

Do you dislike how once you have finished listening to music with Zune, the playback controls are still visible on the Lock Screen and the Volume bar?
With Stop the Music! you can remove the controls just by opening the application. No need to reboot your phone any more to remove those pesky controls!

Download here:
http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0899997d-c25a-4075-9b28-685308e1568b

Video here:
Stop the Music! - YouTube

stop_the_music.png

Last edited:

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
V1.1 has just been submitted to the Marketplace with a few minor improvements.

New Settings Page
New About Screen
Can select different start screen tiles
Added Advertisements
Tidied up the UI

Hopefully this update will be available in a couple of days.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it this morning Boodev. Works great. :)

No idea what version I have, your app doesn't seem to include a version number.

Or do i need glasses? :)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Your still on V1.0 at the moment, V1.1 is still going through certification. It has a new about screen too, which will tell you the version number ;-)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
V1.1 is now live in the Marketplace!

Tidied up the UI a little
New about screen
Choice of homescreen live tiles in settings (I can add more if anyone has any suggestions or icons they want)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Just as v1.1 is published, v1.2 is submitted to the maretplace!

This update allows users to disable to auto stop functionality and have a stop button on the main page of the application. This prevents accidental launches of the application clearing the music your listening to, if thats the behaviour you would prefer.

Should be certified in 3-5 days. I'll let people know when.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Its been a while since my last update as we've been very busy on new projects. Stop the Music is now at v1.3 (with Live Tile Album Art) and v1.4 is now pending approval in the marketplace.

Once v1.4 is approved, you won't even need to open the application to Stop the Music!

I'd like to thank you all for downloading Stop the Music, without WPCental this application would have never been born and its recieved some great reviews and feedback.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
v1.4 is now live in the Marketplace. Thanks for all the great reviews this application is recieving.

Theres still more to come...

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
This app doesn't seem to be working correctly right now. When I open the app, it's not clearing Zune, but inserting an artist named "Stop the Music."

Thanks.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon