Private video recordings, Skydrive & Dropbox!

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
App Features: Video recording, Skydrive, Dropbox, Reminders, Alarms, Live Tile
Hi fellow Wpcentral peeps!

I saw a missing part of the OS, so I wrote an app for it. This app allows you to record private videos that are not kept in your media library, which is where the phone stores pictures and video. Dont you hate it when you are showing someone your pictures and theres that one private one mixed in with all your other pics?

The same goes for video. Whether it's a personal diary, business journal, industry secrets or mom's apple pie recipie, Video Diary records and stores its data in isolated storage. So you know after you've recorded a video it will not be put into your camera roll.

"But wait, there's more!" I've created the Video Diary SKYDRIVE PORTAL. It lets you take any of your recordings and upload them into any album you want on your Sydrive. The app will also create a private album for you the first time you log in.

Dropbox, you say? Yep, got that too! One touch upload feature in Video Diary makes it easy to send any video right to your Dropbox.

Reminder system will deeplink you right into the app at the time of your choosing. You can set it for daily, weekly, monthly, end of month and yearly! The app's Live Tile lets you know if your service is active, off or has expired.

Click here if you are on your phone VIDEO DIARY

Click here if you are on a pc VIDEO DIARY web Marketplace

or
VDqr.png

There is an update coming in a few days containing the ability to turn on a feature that will prevent the app from dimming/locking while you're recording, viewing, and uploading. Along with a few behind the scenes tweaks, Video Diary will be faster and connect to Skydrive much smoother.

Here's a quick demo of the app's main features

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cRarpAdkiI[/YT]

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Moved to the 'App Spotlight' forum... sounds pretty good.

Will we get to change the word "diary" :blush::p

Any cost associated with the app? If it's in the video, the video wasn't playing correctly for me.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Moved to the 'App Spotlight' forum... sounds pretty good.

Will we get to change the word "diary" :blush::p

Any cost associated with the app? If it's in the video, the video wasn't playing correctly for me.

lol. I hope so. Us men use "journals" or "logs".

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The app is free with a single ad above the content. I did that to provide the least distraction to the content ;) I'm sorry the video is not playing correctly for some of you, here is the link VIDEO DEMO

I considered many different name for the app, I plan on doing a paid version without ads and calling it Video Journal (geared more for adults and business men). It will be the same app but with different branding. I will wait and see if there is demand for a paid version, I'm trying to make all of my apps free.

Here is WPCentral's writeup for Video Diary complete with QR and link

Last edited:

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Get ready for Video Diary 2.1 I have included a new feature that will let you keep the phone from dimming and locking while recording, viewing, and uploading. When in other parts of the app it will still lock and save battery.

Along with the Stay Alive feature there has been some tweaks to performance and Skydrive connections. If there are any features you would like added, this is the place to suggest them. I will do my best to include them.

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
is this only for video recorded from the phone? or can you take saved videos and make them private?
Video Diary stores video that it records privately. Once you record something with the phone's default video recorder, it is stored in your camera roll and isnt isolated.

Once the video is in your camera roll, you have to manage it from there. If you do have a video there and want it to be private, sync to your PC, upload it to Skydrive and then delete it from the device.

Thats the beauty and the simplicity of Video Diary, shoot the video and upload it to Skydrive or dropbox in a couple clicks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes