[App] [Free] Gym PocketGuide - 70+ workouts all with HQ guides from Bodybuilding.com

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
[App] [Free] Gym PocketGuide - 70+ workouts all with guides from Bodybuilding.com

Hey everyone,

I teamed up with Bodybuilding.com to give WP7 users a quality gym reference tool, the end result is Gym PocketGuide. The main purpose of the app is to be a reference when you need pointers on an exercise or just looking for a new workout.

Marketplace Link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=18d49e32-6c1a-4029-9550-a591d1c28da2

Gym PocketGuide features:
  • (Now) 80+ exercises and stretches all with step-by-step guides.
  • Full 7 day workout programs - for both men and women depending on their goal.
  • No internet connection required - all guides are stored within the app saving time finding what you want and no use of mobile data.

flow10.png

flow11.png

flow12.png

flow13.png

flow21.png

This was the first app I started making (although was the 3rd I released due to its size). Any feedback is appreciated. Enjoy and happy working out.

Last edited:

Gsupport

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say nicely designed. I noticed you said there would be more exercises with updates. When can we expect the first lot of new exercises?

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say nicely designed. I noticed you said there would be more exercises with updates. When can we expect the first lot of new exercises?
I'm working on an update with 5 new exercises atm which should be ready in the next couple of days. So with that and the marketplace process time keep an eye out for an update in the next 10 days or so days.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got a fitness blog, and im the fitness editor or a couple of sites.

I youd like,I would be happy to review it. I'd also be more than happy to help any way I can from a strength coach's perspective.

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded it...very nice...

Will you be including the ability to customize your workout in future updates?

Thanks for checking out my app caliborn. That is definitely a feature I'd like to include. As my skills increase I will look into implementing workout customization in future updates (unfortunately I can't give you a time frame yet). Cheers for the feedback.

I've got a fitness blog, and im the fitness editor or a couple of sites.

I youd like,I would be happy to review it. I'd also be more than happy to help any way I can from a strength coach's perspective.

That would be great! Private message me with what details you'd need for a review.

Gsupport

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update, thanks Dom for delivering it when you said you would... Glad to see the addition of concentration bicep curls. ;)

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Will you be releasing the app in other marketplaces?

Which Marketplaces are you referring to?

I have released Gym PocketGuide in the majority of the WP Marketplaces but some like China and UAE don't allow the app due to gym attire being too revealing for their marketplace guidelines.

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Which Marketplaces are you referring to?

I have released Gym PocketGuide in the majority of the WP Marketplaces but some like China and UAE don't allow the app due to gym attire being too revealing for their marketplace guidelines.

Singapore Marketplace. I can't find your app there.

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Version 1.3 has now been released. In addition to 4 more guides and a new 7 day program I have also made the app available in the following regions: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand.

If you're a WP7 user in any of those regions please check out the app and thanks again to myfyp2 for suggesting more marketplaces!

Dominic_W

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it. It is a nicely designed and useful app.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to hear you're liking it. I will also continue updating the app with more exercise guides and I will also look into the possibility of including links to video guides.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6