Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

In,such cases, I ask my friend to create a rar file of them (or zip, then rename to rar) so I can receive the file via Pocket file manager.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

In,such cases, I ask my friend to create a rar file of them (or zip, then rename to rar) so I can receive the file via Pocket file manager.

i presume that when you recieve that file, and click on open, it asks you which app to use for that ? And if pfm is the only one, it opens through it ? But where does that rar file get saved ?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

i presume that when you recieve that file, and click on open, it asks you which app to use for that ? And if pfm is the only one, it opens through it ? But where does that rar file get saved ?
Saved to the Downloads folder inside Pocket File Manager local storage. But only if you choose PFM to open this file.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Ray,how about giving this app out free for a day as a celebration and promotion?? :)
It would be very nice if you did.(Trial mode isn't fully functional so it takes half the fun away. :'( )
Many guys like me don't have access to credit cards or we would have bought your awesome app :D
Plz do this as a promotion.plz?? :(

Last edited:

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Ray,how about giving this app out free for a day as a celebration and promotion?? :)
It would be very nice if you did.
Many guys like me don't have access to credit cards or we would have bought your awesome app :D

Dude, Ray does make this app free pretty often. Just bide your time. Ray, is one of the best developers we have.Period.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Dude, Ray does make this app free pretty often. Just bide your time. Ray, is one of the best developers we have.Period.
:eek: just got a look at his apps in the wpstore and realized that I use 2 of his apps on daily basis which are sysapp pusher and hardware tests.i didn't even know that they were by the same developer!!Now I have got to say,him and illidanx(vba8 dev) are the best devs ever!! (y) :D

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

It would be very nice if you did.(Trial mode isn't fully functional so it takes half the fun away. :'( )

can't you use Microsoft gift cards?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Yeah i support that too, I'm a student and cant use a credit card, but i really want this app. I'm ready for an ad enabled version, but he said no. Maybe we'd just have to wait for it to be free someday (as someone said above). I hope it does !

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

No because Microsoft earn from developers buying an account.. Like Google company

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

No because Microsoft earn from developers buying an account.. Like Google company

i know.. I never asked for making it free, i just hoped it'd get a less-limited ad enabled version, or maybe be free for a day or something like that :p what's the harm in saying, mr ray has been extremely good earlier to explain that it wont be possible, i was just fantasizing.
Btw google is a cuss word here :p

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Is there any chance we can get option to pin certain folders or something like that?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

This is not an easy task, believe me. Currently PFM support various sources including local storage and clouds. Not all of them are the same. For example SkyDrive does not operate like file system. There is no PATH there by name. Every item in SkyDrive has its own ID. For example you have path like "Work\Docs\Projects\New Project". In SkyDrive you have only ID for My Project. This item has no full path so when you want to open directly this folder PFM needs to know all parents of this folder to operate properly and this will takes time as PFM have to send requests to server for every folder in the path to collect their IDs. I do not think you will like PFM when it opens not in seconds but in one minute or even more.

But pinning folder from SD and Phone's memory will be much easier and I think we will add it.

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Actually I was talking about folders from SD card. But thanks for explaination..

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Tiles for SD and Phone memory will be in one of the next release.

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
One more thing I was hopin for, if we have option to select media player while playing any video like "play in moliplayer", or "default player".

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

One more thing I was hopin for, if we have option to select media player while playing any video like "play in moliplayer", or "default player".

Unfortunately there is no way to do it. Phone itself decided which app to use. I write to Moliplayer developers to implement protocol to play video files directly in Moliplayer without copying it to Moliplayer local storage, but it seems they do not care about it at all :)

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Sharing multiple files, photos?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Pack to zip and share it :)
BT does not support multiply files sharing as well as internal Windows phone share feature

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon