[APP] Swipe Tunes

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

This link pretty much sums it up! Swipe Tunes for Windows Phone enables you to control your music with gestures | Windows Phone Central

But a quick rehash, this app was designed to make changing songs when phone in windscreen mount set at landscape mode in your car easy! Pin tiles to your start screen to launch playlists etc immediately and be swiping to change songs as you drive down the road.

Also good as a general duties media player, prevents lock screen from locking so just walk over and swipe to change song.

Also it supports themes and I know heaps of people are rockin' the "High Contrast" black and white theme so I have put this theme in just for you, tiles n all :)

Enjoy!

Download Here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/swipe-tunes/ab248a64-0692-4367-983f-20c2904b778d

Last edited:

OsnaStonie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I do love this app, used it for a year on my Nokia Lumia 920, my favorite music player.

When I installed the developer preview for Windows 8.1 on the 920, I was astonished that the app was updated for the transparent tile, so it is obviously still maintained. Great Job!

A month back I switched to a Lumia 635 from my employer, a step back when it comes to camera and wireless charging, but I fell in love with dual sim in no-time. Swipe tunes installed during the device change process and worked. Great.

However, as I upgraded the 8.1 OS further on the development preview path, the app was gone after the phone's reboot respectively the tile seemed "empty" and the app didn't load. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but it was seemingly not available in the store anymore. When I am not logged in, I can still find the app and it still states compatibility with WP 8.1. However, when I send the direct link to my phone's store or try a manual download, the store states, that the app is not available any more.

Any hint on the app's future or a hint to solve it?

Before someone states it might have something to do with the company settings: I only use it for phone calls, there is NO policy, Traveler, Exchange or whatsoever installed, technically it is a "normal" private device.

Best
Stonie

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Stonie!

Thanks for the PM giving me a heads up and chance to respond here :) (I know I replied to you but I will post here for the benefit of all).

I indeed did update Swipe Tunes for WP8.1 with a transparent tile etc, however upon making it a WP8.1 package, "fast resume" was enforced. Now "fast resume" is causing some big issues with the WP8.1 version of Swipe Tunes and as a result until I can fix it I have have had to pull the WP8.1 version. I wish I could delete the WP8.1 version from the store, thus reenabling the WP8 version that works on WP8.1 however Microsoft dont allow it :(

No eta as of yet on a fix still talking to MSFT and I've been told to write something on user voice which I've yet to do.

Cheers,

Ghosty

OsnaStonie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for your statement. I do appreciate that you continue your work and do hope that there will be a solution or workaround.

It would be great if you could drop a line to this thread in case there is a new development, be it a reappearance in the store or a final decommissioning.

Best
Stonie

ashock14

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Cheeky, is there any plans to make this App available again in the US? Loved this App, but unable to get it again since upgrading to 8.1

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, it's not available anywhere for WP8.1 at the moment not just the US. There is plans but I am really struggling to get the secondary tiles to function properly. Also finding time is hard :/

OsnaStonie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
WOOOOOOAH!

Thanks a lot you made my day. People like you keep the world moving. Working on the app to bring it back and then offering it for free? Damn glad I had the opportunity to pay in the past to give at least a little bit back.

Thanks again and best regards
Stonie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes