Nokia Center

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, while I like the concept, may I ask for one thing?

Could you pull off live tiles whenever these apps have updates?

That should be your selling point, and you can also pin the links to the Start Screen. Heck, you could even put shortcuts to the apps themselves!

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the compliment. Though this is my first paid app, second all together and I didn't want to use ads in the app. So I charge for it in the beginning yes.

No other app is styled like this and the SysApp didn't work on the Lumia 620 (for checking if a new version is available), however I have in mind to add a check for updates, if I will find a way that works well, but later. The live tile feature is nice too, I will have it it mind, thanks.

You mean to pin like the accessories tile on the start screen to have a shortcut to the store or to the app itself ? I don't know if it's possible to open directly a system app on the start screen, and you can pin the other apps by using the installed apps list on the phone itself, hmm..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the compliment. Though this is my first paid app, second all together and I didn't want to use ads in the app. So I charge for it in the beginning yes.

No other app is styled like this and the SysApp didn't work on the Lumia 620 (for checking if a new version is available), however I have in mind to add a check for updates, if I will find a way that works well, but later. The live tile feature is nice too, I will have it it mind, thanks.

You mean to pin like the accessories tile on the start screen to have a shortcut to the store or to the app itself ? I don't know if it's possible to open directly a system app on the start screen, and you can pin the other apps by using the installed apps list on the phone itself, hmm..
As far as I know, its possible to provide shortcuts to system apps.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was searching on the internet for a way to open at least the normal apps, but can't find that either. I know this is possible because of the wpcentral app, you can open metrotube from it.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I honestly don't know what to do now.

Nokia Center implies a lot.

Do you want me to add an application bar that is always visible with shortcuts to: cellular, wifi, bluetooth and location ?
I can do this and add a menu, if you click on ..., to open a new window with a possibility to add those shortcuts to to start screen:)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found out that it's impossible to do.
You can only open a few system settings of WP8, but not 3rd party.
URI schemes for launching built-in apps for Windows Phone 8

My dear sir, you are wrong there. It is possible for other apps to access via URI schemes, it is just upto the developer to include the source code for it.
I know a few apps which work Official Twitter, Gleek and I think some other Liquid Daffodil Apps, Metrotube, Official YouTube App (removed one , you should visit Rudy's blog to get the URIAsync code).

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My dear sir, you are wrong there. It is possible for other apps to access via URI schemes, it is just upto the developer to include the source code for it.
I know a few apps which work Official Twitter, Gleek and I think some other Liquid Daffodil Apps, Metrotube, Official YouTube App (removed one , you should visit Rudy's blog to get the URIAsync code).

As far as I know, you can open content in another app, like a youtube video in metrotube or youtube, yes, but you can't directly open an app and do nothing with it.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And if it's possible like you said, the developer must provide the code, and I don't think Nokia gave out those info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes