[Game] Alien Invaders Must Die

Jason Lambert

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Greetings WPCentral! I made my first game using the Unity Game Engine and their fantastic Windows Phone publishing options.

Alien Invaders Must Die is an arcade shooter game for Windows Phone 8. The game has inspiration rooted in classic arcade gameplay but incorporates modern elements with upgrades and progression.

Combining the gameplay with a randomization engine the game is endlessly re-playable, scalable and different every time ? but the player stills progresses between sessions by unlocking upgrades and abilities.

The game supports standout windows 8 features incorporating a trial mode and beautiful pixel art live tiles for your start-screen.

Control the ship by dragging along the bottom of the screen ? it will shoot automatically. Collect aliens to unlock upgrades and damage power-ups for a fun doubling of damage output! Fight your way to unlock a teleport to the final boss, unlock hard mode, seeker missiles and unknown special upgrades! Users really like the 'retro' graphics and music.

Screenshot1.PNG

It is available from the windows phone store here.
qrcode.png
Feature Highlights:
  • Beautiful Pixel Art
  • Smooth Gameplay
  • Bullet Time
  • Upgrades and Persistence
  • Trial Mode
  • Live Tiles
  • 512MB Support!

Jason Lambert

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the support - I really appreciate it. I put my game on Windows Phone first because I am a fan and the trial and live tile features were so much fun to code.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm sure we appreciate your support of Windows Phone as much as you appreciate our support of your game. Please keep it up! If your games are good I'll be sure to recommend them to the few people I know on Windows Phone (which I also recommended to them)

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So, sorry for a double post here, but I'd like to share some thoughts on your game now that I've played a bit of it.

First I'd like to say that I like this game, so please don't take anything I'm about to say personally. I just want to share what I feel could be improved.

So first off, I find the lack of auto-firing a little odd. Really the game is not designed in a way that requires precise control over when you fire, so it may as well just happen regardless of whether or not you're touching the screen.

Secondly, I find it a little annoying that you can only control movement on the bottom portion of the screen, as this causes my fingers to block the left and right edges, making that space hard to use for maneuvering.

Thirdly, I feel the fact that you have to hold down on items in the store to buy them is a bit counter-intuitive, and a double tap should work as well.

Fourth, it would be nice if bosses dropped more than a single 'tech'

Fifth, it would be nice is the rapid fire powerup would carry over to the next wave if the timer hasn't run out.

Screw numbers... anyway, this is very minor, but I feel the flow of the game might be improved if new waves started automatically (right now I feel there's little reason to stop the game as you don't have access to your full money supply while in game, and upgrades are not something you can afford very frequently anyway).

Anyway, this is by no means a review of your game. As I said, I actually am quite liking it and definitely feel I got my money's worth. Let me know if you'd like to hear more of my thoughts, as I'd be happy to give you my honest opinions on anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit