[Free app] Liveleak+ - a client for liveleak.com

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
For the fans of liveleak.com, I created a client application to watch videos from this website. I created this app so I could watch videos more quickly from the website without having to rely on the HTML5 video player which I found difficult to use. It is still a work in progress and I am working on an update to make the UI more "metro" looking. Would love to hear any feedback about the application that I could try and roll into v2.0.

You can get it here:

Liveleak+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

s1.png

s2.png

s5.png

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app.

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I submitted a new update and it has passed through certification. Version 1.2 adds:

- Videos which are embedded from youtube will not be played automatically. No need to open the IE to play them.
- Show images for posts which have no videos but do contain images

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.3 is now live in the marketplace. 1.3 adds the ability to share videos onto your social network as well as fixing a number of crashes.

Currently working on the next iteration and am hoping to get comments displayed in the app instead of using IE to view comments.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, good app! I'm using it since few weeks and I like it! Just a question - are you planning to add in-app purchase to remove adverts?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't thought about this but good suggestion. I will look into adding this in future release. Thanks!

Would be great!! I believe there are people like me who just don't like to see any ads in app, even the video playback is ad-free :) always pleasure to get rid off annoying adverts for reasonable price (supporting the dev with $ by the way) greetings!

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes still working on this. I hope to have the next update out this month or next. I started working on a new app so this is taking a little longer than expected.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Its available in store ;) thanks for iap, already removed annoying ads. Is there any way to provide translation to Liveleak+ app? :p

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
All the articles from liveleak are in english so not sure if I can translate them but I can do some searching to see what can be done ...

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.5 has been released which adds:

- Updated UI on the main page which follows metro design guidelines
- Automatically playing videos embedded from Prochan.com
- Fixed some crashes seen in developer reports

For next version, I will be adding much requested feature to favorite videos and localizing the app UI text.

umyumm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.6 has been released which adds:

- Enable saving of favorite videos
- Fix a display issue with the comments
- Minor UI tweaks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member