[APP] BarcodeBeamer for WP8 / BarcodeBeamer for Windows

Mikko Eronen

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello Windows Phone lovers!

My name's Mikko, I'm from Finland, and I'm an independent developer.

During another larger project I needed to get lots of barcodes scanned and sent to a computer, but as a software engineer I didn't march to the nearest hardware store and buy a $20 USB barcode scanner.

Instead, I programmed BarcodeBeamer!

At its surface it's just another optical barcode scanner for Windows Phone, but if I may say so, it's rather quick and handy in its operation.

Another side of the coin is its ability to beam, aka send, all the scanned codes directly to your friendly computer near you. No signing up, no logins, no emails, no delays - but right now at this moment! Scan the connection code on the web site with the app and you're good to go.

I just released an open beta version of the Windows counterpart as well, if instead of a browser you prefer - as I do - to get the scanned codes directly to your computer's cursor without copy & paste.

Get the app from BarcodeBeamer

.. and the rest of the stuff can be foud at https://www.barcodebeamer.com

All feedback is most welcome, post it to this thread or send directly to contact@barcodebeamer.com - thanks! :)

Br,
Mikko

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks useful and interesting. Good luck with your app.

leonalewis

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello Windows Phone lovers!
During another larger project I needed to get lots of barcodes scanned and sent to a computer, but as a software engineer I didn't march to the nearest hardware store and buy a $20 USB barcode scanner.
Instead, I programmed BarcodeBeamer!
At its surface it's just another optical barcode scanner for Windows Phone, but if I may say so, it's rather quick and handy in its operation.
Another side of the coin is its ability to beam, aka send, all the scanned codes directly to your friendly computer near you. No signing up, no logins, no emails, no delays - but right now at this moment! Scan the connection code on the web site with the app and you're good to go.

I just released an open beta version of the Windows counterpart as well, if instead of a browser you prefer - as I do - to get the scanned codes directly to your computer's cursor without copy & paste.

Get the app from BarcodeBeamer
.. and the rest of the stuff can be foud at https://www.barcodebeamer.com
All feedback is most welcome, post it to this thread or send directly to contact@barcodebeamer.com - thanks! :)
Br,
Mikko
thanx , anyone text it ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes