[app] Pock8: beautiful and free Pocket client

igorkulman

May 13, 2012
Visit site
We have just had realeased a new app caled Pock8. Pock8 is fully-featured and beautiful Pocket (formerly Read It Later) client for Windows Phone. The goal of the app is to provide a simple and intuitive interface for managing your Pocket lists and for reading articles without any distractions.

Pock8 is free for the first few weeks, because we like Windows Phone and want to see it grow thanks to great apps like ours. It is our way to give something back to the community.

Main features

* clean and simple design
* optimized article view for comfortable reading
* article cache for offline reading
* dark theme for OLED screens or reading in the dark
* support for receiving articles from other apps like WPCentral

Download: Pock8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

punkJD

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Does the app doesn't let we add articles through another app like for example WPcentral?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
The app works great, unfortunately, "Pock8 is free for the first few weeks, because we like Windows Phone and want to see it grow thanks to great apps like ours. It is our way to give something back to the community." is no longer true.

Pock8 appears to now require payment to view (unlock) >5 articles via in-app-purchases even though I had been using it since it was released. I have "upgraded" to the full version (it's only $0.99), but it should probably say that it is only free to view the first 5 articles, even if you had been using it before during the "free" period.

Like I said, I really like the app and paid for it. One thing I would like to see is swipe to the left/right to go to archives, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3