10-21-2015 11:12 AM
350 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Great. Highly doubted this was a code issue being that other NL users reported otherwise.
    07-02-2014 06:06 PM
    Great. Highly doubted this was a code issue being that other NL users reported otherwise.
    Did you submit the app for review at WPCentral? It would drive downloads OUT THE ROOF! (And be sure to not have any crippling bugs)
    07-02-2014 06:58 PM
    Did you submit the app for review at WPCentral? It would drive downloads OUT THE ROOF! (And be sure to not have any crippling bugs)
    Submitted it to Daniel Rubino directly. No response at this time.
    07-02-2014 07:18 PM
    Submitted it to Daniel Rubino directly. No response at this time.
    Also try WMPU...they really help.
    BTW ive followed your Twitter. :)
    07-02-2014 08:05 PM
    07-02-2014 08:14 PM
    Just submitted to WMPU. I'll see what happens if Daniel Rubino responds directly. If not, i'll submit it using the other form.
    07-02-2014 08:21 PM
    07-02-2014 08:55 PM
    Is this just on the live tile or the app itself?

As I said, I'm going on vacation shortly so non-bug feature requests won't be filled for two weeks.
    Tile and app. And I've noticed that it doesn't correctly store the setting for the units. When I change it and close the app, live tile and lockscreen show metric values. But when I launch the app again, it's all reset to imperial again.
    07-03-2014 12:47 AM
    07-03-2014 01:35 AM
    I stand corrected. The app itself keeps displaying imperial units and updates the tile accordingly. But once the background agent kicks in, the tile shows metric again.
    Last edited by dKp1977; 07-03-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    07-03-2014 01:56 AM
    I found the root of the problem and am updating now @WinPhan.
    07-03-2014 08:18 AM
    Great. Having a few crash bugs atm however, they just came up. Not a great time for it, but not bad at all.
    07-03-2014 09:03 AM
    1.1 is out, fixing quite a few bugs. Expect it in a few hours..
    07-03-2014 10:19 AM
    It's already available. Units are correctly saved now. Wind is still shown in imperial units on the tile and in the app though.
    07-03-2014 11:26 AM
    It's already available. Units are correctly saved now. Wind is still shown in imperial units on the tile and in the app though.
    Are you in UK or Metric? UK settings turn on US units for windspeed only. This was a requested feature by some UK users. Metric, however, sets all metric units.
    07-03-2014 11:47 AM
    Are you in UK or Metric? UK settings turn on US units for windspeed only. This was a requested feature by some UK users. Metric, however, sets all metric units.

I've set it to metric.
    07-03-2014 12:12 PM
    I've set it to metric.
    Does that fix the problem?
    07-03-2014 12:18 PM
    Does that fix the problem?

No. I meant the problem occurs even though it's set to metric.
    07-03-2014 12:26 PM
    I'll look into it, if you are on 1.1 the only thing I can reccomend until I get a bugfix out is to try a reinstall, which will clear the settings cache and correct the problem if it is simply a mismatched settings key. Otherwise, wait for an update.
    07-03-2014 12:57 PM
    Are there any plans to put a 5 day look forward on the rear of the live tile or anything?
    Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk
    07-03-2014 01:18 PM
    Are there any plans to put a 5 day look forward on the rear of the live tile or anything?

+1 5 day first on the back of the tile would be awesome.
    TheMightyCraken likes this.
    07-03-2014 02:20 PM
    Absolutely. However, don't expect major feature updates soon. I have alot of bugs to work out first. I'm not going to add a new feature, which creates more bugs, when the existing ones are still there. I'm going to try to get it bug free by the 7th, when i'm going on vacation. After I get back, i'll add some features.

Minor features and UX improvements are coming soon, however. Namely, the collapsing UI when scrolling down is a top priority as I have multiple requests for that.

I have been receiving some complaints about the accuracy of the app. Suprising as Forecast.io is generally accurate, at least in my area. Obviously, this is an API issue. There's nothing I can do about it.
    Last edited by IN5TIGATOR; 07-03-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    07-03-2014 02:53 PM
    I really like the design of your app, its using the modern design language of Windows Phone. However, I would suggest some changes to the app with respect to certain aspects

1. Please add weather images to the lock screen which depicts the current weather conditions (e.g. rainy, windy, sunny so on and so fourth. ) preferably with HD images (cause of 1080p devices) Which updates each time the weather data of the app is refreshed.
    2. the "Updated" time stamp on the lock screen is to big (I feel) perhaps you could make it a bit smaller and place it towards the right side of the screen instead of directly on top.
    3. A nice little weather icon (in the metro design language) on the lock screen on the left hand side wouldn't hurt, it would make it easier to read the info at a glance.

Its really hard to find a weather app that has the ability to have weather images on the lock screen update periodically, the only one I found so far is the accuweather app (Its quite nice actually), even amazing weather HD doesn't have it.

In5tigator if you can install these features would be very highly appreciated, I would even purchase the app then. (I really hope you incorporate these suggestions in your next app update)

I logged in just to provide you with my honest opinion (though I am regular on this site I don't usually log in)
    07-03-2014 04:04 PM
    Love the app, thank you! I read through this thread and I love your responsiveness to user feedback! :)

Quick question - are you planning to offer custom images for the lock screen? You hinted to some coming changes but not sure if this was one of them... To clarify, I'd like to be able to pick which picture is used to overlay the forecast for use in the lock screen, instead of what comes with the app. I can give you an example of at least one app (that I currently use) that offers that, if you need more details (PM me, I don't want give them free publicity here ;-) )

Thanks again and enjoy your vacation!

P.S. +1 for point #2 in comment 123 above.
    07-03-2014 05:34 PM
    I really like the design of your app, its using the modern design language of Windows Phone. However, I would suggest some changes to the app with respect to certain aspects

1. Please add weather images to the lock screen which depicts the current weather conditions (e.g. rainy, windy, sunny so on and so fourth. ) preferably with HD images (cause of 1080p devices) Which updates each time the weather data of the app is refreshed.
    2. the "Updated" time stamp on the lock screen is to big (I feel) perhaps you could make it a bit smaller and place it towards the right side of the screen instead of directly on top.
    3. A nice little weather icon (in the metro design language) on the lock screen on the left hand side wouldn't hurt, it would make it easier to read the info at a glance.

Its really hard to find a weather app that has the ability to have weather images on the lock screen update periodically, the only one I found so far is the accuweather app (Its quite nice actually), even amazing weather HD doesn't have it.

In5tigator if you can install these features would be very highly appreciated, I would even purchase the app then. (I really hope you incorporate these suggestions in your next app update)

I logged in just to provide you with my honest opinion (though I am regular on this site I don't usually log in)
    Shouldn't be that hard although I have quite a feature backlog. I'll post my upcoming features later.
    07-03-2014 05:52 PM
350 ... 34567 ...