[APP] KitKat Launcher - Experience Android KitKat on your Windows Phone

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I just signed up to this forum because of this thread. I really want you to encourage to continue developing this app.

I bought a surface pro 3 last week and I am this close to returning it.your app might be the only reason I keep the Surface.

Being a Windows user for 15 years, Android user for 5 years, and iPhone user for 2 weeks, I have to say Microsoft have got the metro interface REALLY wrong. It is just unusable - basically Windows 3.1 wrapped in gift wrap.. you just can't access anything without having to press a zillion buttons.

Android has the best interface but sine people don't compare oranges with oranges. You can't compare a cheap $50 android phone with apple or Microsoft ones costing upwards of $500.

So PLEASE keep developing this app! It might just be the thing that saves Microsoft's touch devices.

And yes the Windows app store is a joke! On android market apps have around a million+ downloads.. whereas on Microsoft you will be lucky to see 500.

Just the prospect of ditching my laptop and android tablet for one device in the surface pro 3 i5 8gb 256gb brought into the 8.1 world but i think i'd rather stay with 2 devices that get the job done than one device that only gets half the job done

I'm sorry, OP, I mean no offense in my post.
Hey man, why did you buy a Surface Pro 3? And why will you keep your Surface just because of an Android launcher, while you have no love with the device itself?

Man, did you even test the Surface at the store, or check it online before you bought it? I'm wondering why the hell did you buy a device with an interface that you can't even live with?

And what the hell was you thinking while saying that an Android launcher could save MICROSOFT TOUCH DEVICES? The. Most. Stupid. Thing. I. Have. Ever. Heard.

If you can't live with Windows, just simply get rid of that tablet and buy yourself whatever you like, and don't forget to check it before you buy.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just signed up to this forum because of this thread. I really want you to encourage to continue developing this app.

I bought a surface pro 3 last week and I am this close to returning it.your app might be the only reason I keep the Surface.

Being a Windows user for 15 years, Android user for 5 years, and iPhone user for 2 weeks, I have to say Microsoft have got the metro interface REALLY wrong. It is just unusable - basically Windows 3.1 wrapped in gift wrap.. you just can't access anything without having to press a zillion buttons.

Android has the best interface but sine people don't compare oranges with oranges. You can't compare a cheap $50 android phone with apple or Microsoft ones costing upwards of $500.

So PLEASE keep developing this app! It might just be the thing that saves Microsoft's touch devices.

And yes the Windows app store is a joke! On android market apps have around a million+ downloads.. whereas on Microsoft you will be lucky to see 500.

Just the prospect of ditching my laptop and android tablet for one device in the surface pro 3 i5 8gb 256gb brought into the 8.1 world but i think i'd rather stay with 2 devices that get the job done than one device that only gets half the job done

Seriously ??? A launcher is all it takes for you to like a device that you hate ??
As for the bold part upstairs - have you perhaps heard about Lumia 520 & 530 ??

rishabh876

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have updated this app today (v1.3.0.0). With a unique feature of custom icons. You can now add any icon if you know the URI for it and have a icon too. This will give you the power to add as many icons as you want.

I think this is as far as a developer can go right now, considering the restrictions in wp.

Hope you guys like it. I got 140000+ downloads on this app in one month and am happy to see that people are giving positive feedbacks. Also this app is showing in top free apps (in top 100) in India.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Could you allow us add icons in the app grid as well. Currently can only add in home screen.
Thanks and its a great app.
Add lock screen support also.( pattern lock screen)

art2startbro

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Help 😓

Hi Sir. I'm a big fan of you . I just signed up for you . I love your app and gonna spread it to all ma friends . Sadly the last update doesn't work . As i type any code: And choose any icon and any name and click ok and The app just hangs . And goes frozen. Cant swipe or even exit the app.as there's a white layer covering the app *expect the status bar* (screenshots in the next comments) . So please fix it . ... Also tell us what size or format the icon should be for perfect design ...
Eventually thanks alot sir for such a great app :)

Last edited:

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hiii dude . I'm a big fan of you . I just signed up for you . I love your app and gonna spread it to all ma friends . Sadly the last update doesnt work . As i type any code: And choose any icon and any name and click ok ~The app just hangs . And keeps freezing . Cant swipe or even exit the app.as theres a white layer covering the app *expect the status bar . So please fix it . ... Also tell us what size or format the icon should be for perfect design ... And thanks alot sir for such a great app :)

It's working for me. I have successfully pinned moliplayer, wpcentral app, mixradio, shazam ......

art2startbro

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused . I also tried to re-installation but still not working ...
My phone is lumia 625 dev preview
Here's a screenshot (just remove spaces)
imgur .co m/MLHZw9J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon