[FREE] Video Explorer [MKV supported]

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I know many people were disappointed with Windows Phone 8.1 default "Video" app from Microsoft.
It's good for different online content (in countries where you can have it), but it's very bad for playing local videos.
I'm watching lot's of videos on my Lumia and I've decided to make my own alternative to the default Video app.

Video Explorer
Video Explorer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

It's a simple video player, that is an alternative to default Windows Phone 8.1 "Video" app, but with some advanced features support:
- folders navigation (Video folder, Camera Roll folder and SD card and subfolders)
- long filenames and titles! No more "The Big Bang Theory S0...."! If any video has title inside, you'll see both title and filename!
- this player always remembers where you have left the video file and resumes where you stopped
- external subtitles in .SRT format with adjusting subtitile timeshift (subtitles should be places in the same folder as video file and should start with the same name as video file, e.g.: MyVideo.avi, MyVideo.srt, MyVideo.Eng.srt, etc.)
- MKV support!
- zooming video
- stretching video

This player was developed first of all for me myself. I have tryed lot's of free video players for windows phone and all of them have the same bug - sometimes they just don't save position in video when I left them. And after that, I've decided to write my own player, that does it's job in a right way.
It plays the same file formats as original Video app + mkv (please, make sure, you've installed Pro Codec Pack from app settings)!
So if you can't play some file with "Video" app, Video Explorer would not be able to play it too (except mkv).

Screenshots:
wp_ss_20141108_0002.pngwp_ss_20141108_0001.pngwp_ss_20141108_0005.pngwp_ss_20141108_0006.png

Last edited:

Izzyq8

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [FREE] [WP8.1] Video Folder Player

This is now my new default video player. Thank you sir.

One request please: Share ability to WhatsApp and i will pay for your app.

Keep up the good work 👍

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FREE] [WP8.1] Video Explorer

Update!
ver. 1.0.0.6:
- app title changed to "Video Explorer"
- icon changed
- added settings
- added gesture control
- added changing subtitles size
- some bugs fixed

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Hello everybody!
I have received many reviews asking for adding brightness control.
But there is a problem - Windows Phone doesn't allow to control system brightness, so I can't make it more bright.
But.... I can make it less bright (darker). How do you think, should I add this option?

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Update to ver. 1.0.0.7!
- UI improvements (smaller controls - looks better)
- better volume gesture control (more smooth)
- option to start player from last oppened folder (not root folder like now)
- divided gesture settings for volume control and position changing
- added next and previous file buttons
Get it now: Video Explorer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Don't forget to update and give 5 stars if you think that I should continue development! :)

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

One user reported that he has crash after last update.
Please, report if anyone else have this trouble!

You can fix it by uninstalling Video Explorer and then installing it again from Marketplace.

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

One user reported that he has crash after last update.
Please, report if anyone else have this trouble!

You can fix it by uninstalling Video Explorer and then installing it again from Marketplace.

No its works smoothly & everything is fine........ But please add screen lock option....

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

OK, it seems that many people wants lock screen feature, I'll add it in future update.
But you should understand, that lock screen option can't disable system buttons (back, start, search, power, camera and volume) and system tray.

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Update to ver. 1.0.0.8:
- fixed bug with moving to next/previous file
- added brightness control (please, understand, that WP apps can't change system brightness, so maximum is limited to current system brightness).
Lock controls would be added in ver 1.0.0.9

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

OK, it seems that many people wants lock screen feature, I'll add it in future update.
But you should understand, that lock screen option can't disable system buttons (back, start, search, power, camera and volume) and system tray.

Ok I understand that is a OS Limitation that is not your fault so please provide a lock screen option that is a better option for me.....

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Update to ver. 1.0.0.8:
- fixed bug with moving to next/previous file
- added brightness control (please, understand, that WP apps can't change system brightness, so maximum is limited to current system brightness).
Lock controls would be added in ver 1.0.0.9

Super..........

Vishalpatial

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Very good app....i like it so much but its crashing whenever I am trying to access ucbrowser folder😞....i think bcoz it has more than 10 videos

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Vishalpatial hi!
10 videos is not a problem (e.g. I tested it with 40 videos in one folder).
I think there is a problem with certain video file.
Could you run a small test: move files one by one to another folder and try to open this folder with video explorer?
When it crash, it means that last file you moved is the problem. Could you find this file and send it to me for testing?

PS. Guys, I've finally had progress in MKV support. My dev build now has full MKV support, but it needs a lot of work and there are news about upcoming VLC release, so I really don't know, should I continue working on Video Explorer or just sit and wait for VLC :)

Vishalpatial

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I have moved files one by one and voila! it is working...but there is 2-3 video files which r not even moving using file manager app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes