Published my first windows app - Chancy Band for Microsoft Band 1 & 2

snakies

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Band2-Screenshots.png
Chancy Band is a true random number generator that uses the various sensors from Microsoft Band in order to create strong randomness, then displays the results on the Band. There are many fun and useful purposes for which random numbers can be used, for example when playing a game or in cryptography. To name a few of the types of random data Chancy will provide: roll dice, flip a coin, fortune cookie, magic 8-ball, lottery numbers, playing card deck, party dice, drink decider, and much more.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=c2d08b41-cab0-4fb0-b874-ae4fb1fcfbb0

If anyone is curious about the inner workings of the entropy generator, I would be happy to discuss them here. My opinion is that if you buy a Microsoft Band 1 or 2 and download Chancy Band, you will have an inexpensive, high entropy generating, hardware random number generator, the best you can get without shelling out the money for a beam splitter!

sorry about the infraction i received. i didnt read the rules and posted this in the Band subforum. :(

Last edited:

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Chancy Band is a true random number generator that uses the various sensors from Microsoft Band in order to create strong randomness, then displays the results on the Band. There are many fun and useful purposes for which random numbers can be used, for example when playing a game or in cryptography. To name a few of the types of random data Chancy will provide: roll dice, flip a coin, fortune cookie, magic 8-ball, lottery numbers, playing card deck, party dice, drink decider, and much more.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=c2d08b41-cab0-4fb0-b874-ae4fb1fcfbb0

If anyone is curious about the inner workings of the entropy generator, I would be happy to discuss them here. My opinion is that if you buy a Microsoft Band 1 or 2 and download Chancy Band, you will have an inexpensive, high entropy generating, hardware random number generator, the best you can get without shelling out the money for a beam splitter!

sorry about the infraction i received. i didnt read the rules and posted this in the Band subforum. :(

Downloading it now - this looks great! I couldn't search for your app in the Store though and had to pull your link from the phone browser to get to it. Hope this ends up on the front page, because your app can be useful to many. Thanks!

snakies

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Downloading it now - this looks great! I couldn't search for your app in the Store though and had to pull your link from the phone browser to get to it. Hope this ends up on the front page, because your app can be useful to many. Thanks!

Thanks! Glad you like it! I know about it not being searchable by name. I have a support ticket with Microsoft for them to look into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes