[App][Free] Calculator? for Windows & Android

richard_walters

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
[App][Free] Calculator² for Windows, Android and iOS

Hero1920x1080_base.jpg

Calculator²
The popular calculator app for Windows 10 is now available in the App Store and on Google Play!

Calculator² for Windows
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...lator%2F9wzdncrfhwxl%3Frtc%3D1&token=6BDqE39l

Calculator² for iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/calculator2/id1137474749?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Calculator² for Android
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rwaltersapps.calculator2

Scientific Calculator
An advanced calculator with a comprehensive set of mathematical functions including trigonometric, hyperbolic, logarithmic, exponential, factorial, combination and permutation. Over 125 mathematical and physical constants are accessible in an easy-to-navigate list. Implicit multiplication and operator precedence are supported for faster input, while the unique memory mode also provides a facility for statistical functions.

Financial Calculator
A calculator with a variety of functions for performing financial calculations, such as determining the monthly payments on a loan or the price of an item after tax has been applied. Individual rates can be set for markup, discount, tax and interest. Perfect for students and professionals who wish to verify the results of time value of money calculations.

Programmer Calculator
A powerful tool for conversions between decimal, hexadecimal, octal and binary number bases, with a unique view for entering ASCII keys. Bitwise operations including AND, OR, XOR and NOT are available, in addition to functions not usually found in a programmer calculator, such as square and factorial.

Basic Calculator
A simple, easy-to-use calculator for quick, everyday calculations.

Currency Converter
A currency calculator providing accurate conversions between 150+ World currencies. The exchange rates are easily updated to real-time values from the Open Exchange Rates API, while favourite currency conversions can be saved for easy comparisons.

Unit Converter
A comprehensive unit converter with over 200 units across 26 categories, including temperature, fuel consumption, viscosity, radiation and more.

Attachments

• Calculator2Windows.jpg
    Calculator2Windows.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

richard_walters

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently ported the app from Windows to Android using Xamarin. An iOS app is also on the way and hopefully will be published before the summer. I'll then continue to support the app across all three platforms, focusing on Windows first for new features. I know there's lots of enthusiastic Windows users who've been asking for the app on the other platforms, so I thought I'd post here to share the news. I also have a thread for the Android release announcement over in the Android Central forums: [App][Free] Calculator? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com.

richard_walters

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [App][Free] Calculator² for Windows & Android

Last week, I updated Calculator² with Fluent Design elements!

The app now has edge-to-edge background acylic throughout, with in-app acrylic for the navigation view and command bars. This follows the design guidelines for utility apps, although I've chosen 80% opacity for the background rather than the recommended 70% to help ensure the content in the app is still easily read when above a busy background. You can see the difference this makes when comparing Calculator² to the Windows Calculator.

The other Fluent Design inclusion is, of course, the reveal effect, which really helps the app come to life. The reveal effect is automatically applied to components such as ListViews when UWP apps are compiled for the Fall Creators Update, and it wasn't too difficult to apply the effect to the buttons and other controls in the app.

Finally, by using API contracts I've been able to apply Fluent Design when the app is running on the Fall Creators Update while still being able to support Windows 10 Mobile and older Windows 10 versions.

There aren't too many third party UWP apps out there to incorporate Fluent Design yet... hopefully Calculator² will start the ball rolling!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6