Apple cut parts orders for i5 due to slow sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Saw it earlier. No big surprise here.

Apple is doomed if they don't come out with something fresh and innovative. You can only fool people for so long... In this case.. 6 years... :/

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be provocative... But what the **** is it with that damn phone? A friend bought one on launch day. I had a little go with it. I could have had longer, i just found it quite lame. He took it back a week later.

I have lost track of the number I have seen with cracks on the screen or case for the 3 & 4 models. I suppose once you go down the app route and start stocking up they have you hooked, but still.

However, I can cope with freedom of choice and all that so fair play. The one thing I can't stand, and it has bothered me since day one, is the way users stop using the word "phone" in some circumstances. It became "iphone" wherever possible. Listen closely, they all do it. I actually listened to a cluster of them (should that be an icluster?) all avoided using the word phone as much as possible.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Saw it earlier. No big surprise here.

Apple is doomed if they don't come out with something fresh and innovative. You can only fool people for so long... In this case.. 6 years... :/

This, pretty much.

That said, the sky isn't falling on Apple in years anyways, but Nokia showed us before how fast can one go from the top to bottom if you stop innovating, which is what I see iPhone has stopped doing.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
To start with, they need a bigger (not longer) screen and they have to get away from a stock, static screen with icons.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5 lower demand than expected

iPhone 5.1gs will spur new demand. They'll change the color of the front button. A new must have innovation from Apple! Then 8,000 articles will be written to whether or not you should upgrade. I love reading those articles. It's like the old Windows 95 now on your 3.1 machine. Or XP on your Win 98. Or Win 7 on your XP. Or, well ... you get the picture.

Seriously though, it directly contrasts the Lumia 920 where Nokia has to ramp up demand because they did not order enough components.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, that could partially explain the 16 pt drop today. I personally liked their new phone, but agree its nothing new or exciting. Maybe its time to cut my last tie with aapl
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
To start with, they need a bigger (not longer) screen and they have to get away from a stock, static screen with icons.

That's why I'm. A windows fan. With Android you can have Dynamic backgrounds which isn't bad but I like the UI even more on wp8. Apple just doesn't do anything for me

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss