Google Voice

herronm

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set up Google Voice on my WP7 phone? My co-worker has an iPhone with this set up (his Google Voice within his iPhone). All free calls, seperate numbers, rings....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Max

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There's a few Google Voice apps in the Marketplace.

The first step is to go to the Google Voice site in your PC browser and set everything up though.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Lifehacker.com suggests GoVoice. I have downloaded it to use for texting and retrieving voicemails with it, but my phone is not activated yet, so I have not set it up for calling. One thing I dont like is that the live tile apparently only goes up to 9 notifications, then it says 9+.

herronm

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
GoVoice...what is the point if GoVoice uses my cell phone minutes (written in the disclamer). I guess free is not really free.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on why you want to use Google Voice. I use it so that I can have an integrated inbox that consolidates my voice mails, emails, text messages, and chat logs. I also enjoy the ability to send and receive texts from a computer, manage voicemail recordings online (play, archive, forward, etc), and the ability to control which of my phones ring when, per each caller.

If you want to get out of paying for your phone plan, but still be able to make calls, Google Voice may not be for you. You used to be able to put your secret Google Voice number in your MyCircle or similar program, but nowadays I believe Google calls a different number every time you dial out. I hear there are ways to get your iPhone to cheat and use Google Voice entirely though Google's Google Talk servers, but I don't know the details. It sounds sketchy.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
GoVoice...what is the point if GoVoice uses my cell phone minutes (written in the disclamer). I guess free is not really free.

Well, it's free texting.

Also....I can sit on my laptop and use it through gmail to call people. It's brilliant.

Trust us, it's a really great service. You can after all choose how you want to call people.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't hold your breath waiting for Google Voice integration with WP7.

I use FreeTalk. Just prefer the UI.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon