Spotify App Later Today For WP7

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of Spotify versus a Zune pass? Seems like they are very similar to each other.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Spotify has better playlist support with collaboration.
Spotify has better social network integration (Specifically Facebook)
Spotify is available on a few media players (WD TV, Virgin Media TiVo, Various others)

Zune is integrated into Windows Phone much better (Such as jumping straight to the zune marketplace from Bing Audio)
Zune is cheaper (In the UK ?8.99 vs ?9.99 and Zune has a ?89.90 a year deal, Spotify has no discounts for long subscriptions)
Zune is available on the Xbox 360

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got a feeling it's a bug in the app. The standard app works just fine on my PC. . . accompanied by plenty of MS product (including WP's) adverts. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
From Spotify Support:

Hi there,

Many thanks for getting back in touch and sorry to hear that your still having issues with the Windows app.

I have checked your account and I can see that you were on a Premium trial that expired today. This is the reason why your phone will not connect at the minute. Not to worry however, if you log into your account and visit your subscription section you can upgrade your account to Premium and enjoy Spotify on your mobile!

I have attached the link here https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Once you have upgraded you will be able to start enjoying the great benefits of Premium straight away.

I hope this helps but please feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries.
All the best,

Looks like I won't be using Spotify on my Windows Phone then. . .

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
WTH, mine is offline also. I just loaded the app yesterday. I guess it's not 48 hours. What a frickin joke. I was going to use spotify over zune after my free trial was up, but seeing how they do business, I think I'll go back to zune.
From Spotify Support:

Looks like I won't be using Spotify on my Windows Phone then. . .

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I found all the songs I was looking for. But shady business practices it seems. I thought it was just me, but I'm talking to others who tried it, and it seems it's just the way it is. If I can't trust them to get their own TOS right, damn sure ain't trusting them with my CC#.
But you prefer Spotify, I can tell 1jaxstate1 LOL ;)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Voting with your CC is the way to go if you feel like that for sure.

Old faithful Zune is the next best thing, so at least we have a choice. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon