Facebook App Issue

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)

benzie

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Been getting the same error message since last night after deleting and reinstalling the facebook app on my Trophy.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Facebook App Login Error. "Sorry, there was an error."

Picked up my Titan last night from the AT&T store. Downloaded the Facebook App and when I go to launch it I continually get this error. Anyone else?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded it I have never used the app I always use the people hub. The lengths l go to to help you guys out...lol

So yah I am getting the same results. o_O and welcome to the WPC

Dave

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Seams to be an epidemic this is the second thread posted today or one of 2 ant ways. I'm going to combine these threads.

Cluelessjedi

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

Cheers

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

Cheers
I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app

benzie

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app
Scrolling is is bad along with many other issues. I really never liked this Facebook app and hardly use it these days.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app is now working so that's good, but for some reason on my Trophy I can't see any of my Facebook friends online through the messenger hub. When I use my girlfriend's Titan, I don't appear online. I have checked my status and it is listed as "available" and have tried re-syncing the account. On her phone she is able to see her Facebook friends but not me. Any ideas?

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)
Although I never saw any issues, my wife, who has an iPhone 4, was also seeing the errors, so it was NOT just WP7 users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb