What is the top 3 popular apps you want ported to WP7?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
BBC iPlayer
HeyTell
... and although I'm not big on these apps, but I think the age booth/fat booth apps would benefit WP. We had a great laugh using these apps on my daughters iPad 2 at Christmas...

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to see what popular commercial apps you want ported onto WP7? We know there are great alternatives on the Marketplace or have mobile versions but let's hear what original apps that people would like!

Here goes:

1) Pandora or Raditaz
2) Words with Friends
3) Tapatalk

Radio Controlled is an unofficial Pandora client. It currently has a few issues but an update is in submission (1-2 more days) that fixes it and extra is works great.

I want to see:
1) Mint.com - PLEASE or release an API and I will build it
2) GChat baked into os
3) Can't thin of anything else :)

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a fully functional, feature rich official app from:

LinkedIn
Facebook (needs more features)
Mint

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Google apps yet!

Office and SkyDrive are fine, but I collaborate with a lot of people who use gdocs.

Also would love to see a FitDay client.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this is more than three, but I use these on my iPhone regularly: Waze, Mint, TeuxDeux, UP by Jawbone, and Viber.

I would say Skype too, but I know that's coming soon.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Google apps yet!

Office and SkyDrive are fine, but I collaborate with a lot of people who use gdocs.

Also would love to see a FitDay client.
What features would you like to see in a google docs app? Looking for a new project :)

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What features would you like to see in a google docs app? Looking for a new project :)
Whew, that's a big project, wenogg. ;) Ideally, something that looked like Word and Excel on the phone now - that allows viewing and editing of the docs. And there would have to be a directory service to view/find docs on the server. Ideally, frequently used docs should be pinnable to the home screen. Bit of a tall order I'm afraid.

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Mint
Words with friends
Google Voice app that does not suck (tried Freetalk) worked for 1 week now I am missing text unless I manually refresh.

Budroid

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
LogMeIn and "Cut the Rope" are the ones I miss from my iOS days. I'd also like to see a mint.com app.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I hear good things about Voxer, but the ones I really want are Tapatalk, Epocrates (or Medscape), and possibly Google+. Also, although we have numerous Twitter apps, one that was "complete" would be nice.

L

lumic

I use MetroTube so until I switch phones, I'm sorted on that front (although seeing some proper Youtube support from Google would be nice).
If you purchased MetroTube, you can send Lazyworm an email and they will give you a hidden Marketplace link to reinstall.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Whew, that's a big project, wenogg. ;) Ideally, something that looked like Word and Excel on the phone now - that allows viewing and editing of the docs. And there would have to be a directory service to view/find docs on the server. Ideally, frequently used docs should be pinnable to the home screen. Bit of a tall order I'm afraid.
It all depends on how much could be leveraged with the native Office app. I know you can export documents from google to the corresponding Office type. If you can then open in office to view/edit you could then send the changes back to google. They have API's for these services.

I looked and saw GDocs on the marketplace:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/d3493945-5727-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Does this not cover everything you want to do? I haven't tried yet so I don't know all it's features.

I think it would be a fun project to work on, but only if there is some value I could add over the GDocs app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes