Where's Audible.com App?

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you search for "audible mp3 converter", you will find tools that strip drm. Otherwise, Audible will burn to audio cd and then you can rip to mp3. Probably less hassle to find a supported mp3 player (IPod, Zune, etc) and use that until the WP app comes out. That's what I'm doing. I wish WP team would have worked with Audible like the Zune device team and added native support in the WP Zune app. I would settle for Zune device functionality.

I do the same thing (go throughout the day with ipod touch and Lumia 900) and I feel like a dope having both devices.

Buttowski

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use SoundTaxi to convert the Audible aa files to mp3's. Then use the AudioBook Reader app from the WP market to play the converted mp3's. Works great and hold's your place in the book unlike the phone's Zune player.

I actually started using SoundTaxi to convert Audible files over 2 years ago when I first switched from Blackberry to Android because at that time there was no Audible app for Android either.

I guess it's why I'm patiently waiting for Audible's Windows Phone app. I've been through this before.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I sent another email inquiry to Audible CS on Saturday morning. They haven't responded yet. Usually they respond within 24 hours (a few times within an hour).

ethananim

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd really appreciate some additional information. Audible ought to make an official statement but so far they just blow me off when I inquire.

bkthiess

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm thoroughly confused why it is taking so long to add this app. I could understand if there was an alternative. On the iphone, you can listen to audible through the music app or the audible app. But the zune software doesn't support books at all. You have to bend over backwards to pretend they are podcasts. Don't microsoft employees listen to books? Perhaps that is part of the grand problem. Seems like this should have been one of the first apps, with facebook and youtube, that microsoft just built themselves.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
OOOOOOHHHHHH. Just got a new response to my emails (which I've been sending every other day)

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Audible!

I understand you are interested in the Windows Phone app. I'll be more than glad to assist you.

I truly apologize for the long delay on the release of this app. Some technical issues have caused the release to be delayed. Audible wanted to make sure the bugs on this app were completely taken care of before it was available to our customers.

However after the long wait, I am happy to let you know this app is scheduled to be released within the next four days. I would really like to thank you for your patience on this matter, and as a token of appreciation I have issued an extra credit to your account that is now available to be used.

Please do not hesitate in contacting us if you have anymore questions for us. We are here 24/7 for you.

Have a good evening!

Sincerely,
Rolando C.

Audible Customer Support

Won't take long to tell if he is full of $hit or not.

TechMonkeh

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Great news just read this on digital spy:

Microsoft has entered a partnership with audio books firm Audible to bring voice navigation to its Windows Phone devices.

The Audible app, available for Windows Phone 7.5 and up, will offer a similar service to Apple's Siri.

Users can launch applications, perform searches, and carry out in-app commands with the new software, which will be released via the Windows Phone Marketplace later today (June 20).

Microsoft showcased the service during its Windows Phone Summit in San Francisco, where the next generation version of its mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8, was unveiled.

The OS will feature a raft of new features including support for multi-core processors, NFC technology, improved graphical capabilities and better gaming support.

Windows Phone 8 will be released in the autumn.

Have been following this thread as a lurker for weeks/months to try and find out when Audible will come out, but only registered to share the good news :)

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Great news just read this on digital spy:

Have been following this thread as a lurker for weeks/months to try and find out when Audible will come out, but only registered to share the good news :)
Audible with Siri functionality??? Doesn't sound right. You would listen to an audio book and then try to speak commands over the reader?

I'm guessing this is a different "Audible" or a typo for another company.

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
These articles seem to suggest downloading the Audible app adds new OS level voice support. That doesn't sound right. My common sense would say there may be some new OS support for voice that is available for 3rd party apps, and Audible is the launch example. I hope the audible app wasn't held up for voice commands.

Unless, the audio app pauses reading and the actual reader voice responds to your commands. Audible could get all their readers to agree to 5 9s of availability. They would get pinged and do internet searches and reply back verbally.

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The waiting is killing me. I want this app for WP7, even though I fear they will make it US and UK only. This is my worst fear, but I want the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes