03-12-2014 02:55 PM
37 12
tools
    Email I sent this morning... Lets hope i get a reply

Hello,

I am wondering if or when you will be releasing a Mobile Banking App for Windows Phone. I understand that in the past it has only had a small market share and why go through the effort for a small community. But in the past few years it has really picked up some momentum in the past few years and has experience 100 percent growth year over year. There are now 50 Million Windows Phone handsets in use today. I feel a PNC Mobile Banking app is well overdue.

I am currently in the processes of seeking out a bank that does have support on this platform. Currently it looks like m options are Bank of America, Ally, ING, Chase, and HDFC.

I know there are others who are desperately waiting for an app to be released. I really have enjoyed PNC and think you’re a great bank. U just wish there was a better option for me than the mobile banking website. Its junk.
    02-05-2014 11:43 AM
    Wasn't there an App that had a number of shortcuts to different business web sites that would work in Windows phone. I reloaded my phone from scratch, but can't remember the name of it. It had about 20 or so shortcuts. Thanks in advance!
    02-27-2014 07:25 AM
    I have a friend who is an executive VP at PNC. I asked him jokingly in November while at a wedding why they don't have an app for WP. He said to give him a week and he would get back to me. A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app. I don't know if this means never in the future, but it sure didn't sound promising. I kept my Android phone when I upgraded to the Icon so at least I can still use that over wifi to make mobile deposits.
    02-28-2014 01:03 AM
    I sent them a message again yesterday. No reply so far.
    02-28-2014 02:03 PM
    I have a friend who is an executive VP at PNC. I asked him jokingly in November while at a wedding why they don't have an app for WP. He said to give him a week and he would get back to me. A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app. I don't know if this means never in the future, but it sure didn't sound promising. I kept my Android phone when I upgraded to the Icon so at least I can still use that over wifi to make mobile deposits.
    Thanks for that inside. I wonder what those "security issues" are? Any more details?
    03-03-2014 07:01 PM
    Thanks for that inside. I wonder what those "security issues" are? Any more details?
    I wish I had more info. Basically, he said, "They aren't planning one because of certain security issues, but it is easier to change your phone than your bank." I will send him a message and see if he can check on it again since it has been since November that he checked for me.
    03-03-2014 11:12 PM
    I wish I had more info. Basically, he said, "They aren't planning one because of certain security issues, but it is easier to change your phone than your bank." I will send him a message and see if he can check on it again since it has been since November that he checked for me.
    Sounds like BS. There's a bunch of other banking apps from the US and all over the world but somehow it's not secure enough for PNC. Plus when user's contact PNC they give a different answer. If that were true why would they lie to consumers and give us a different answer? I'm in the IT industry and I'm constantly hearing about new android malware. Plus just recently iOS and MACs had a major security flaw where someone on the same network could view your encrypted SSL traffic. I would say Windows Phone has a much better track record when it comes to security.
    03-03-2014 11:50 PM
    Per their Facebook response to me asking about a WP8 app they said "At this time a Windows app is not planned to release. However, we're always evaluating the feasibility and demand for the Windows app."

Not looking good right now
    03-12-2014 10:13 AM
    That comment is very confusing. There already is a Windows app, just not a Windows Phone app.
    03-12-2014 01:24 PM
    A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app.
    Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. It sounds to me like an excuse. And not a very well thought out one at that!
    03-12-2014 01:32 PM
    I contacted AT&T back in December and received this response:

We are happy to help. In reference to your message, a Windows Phone app
    is currently being worked on. Please keep a look out for it!

Victora Dean
    PNC Bank

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------

I am curious to know if PNC has any plans to create a Windows Phone
    mobile banking or Virtual Wallet app. I've seen posts regarding the
    desire for an app on several sites
    (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...pps/pnc-bank-app-for-windows-phone/5f9adef0-2730-47cc-a6bc-91cc47db5fc0)
    and even on the Windows Phone uservoice site
    (http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...uggestions/suggestions/2763516-need-pnc-mobile-banking-app).
    As one of the posters from the forum thread linked above said, "I would
    change banks before I would change phones...", it would be extremely
    disappointing to have to do so.
    I really enjoy banking with PNC, but the current mobile offering doesn't
    hold a candle to the competition:
    - Chase Mobile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...a2b5fd7-756d-468f-a813-30587f3cc701

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...ca/ad8a76fa-ca71-e011-81d2-78e7d1fa76f8

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...-d1d7-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

I hope a mobile application for Windows Phone is in the pipeline.
    Thank you.
    03-12-2014 01:50 PM
    There's a PNC Bank link in the Community Effort: Get Apps Made. thread. Seeing as how it appears that an app is "currently being worked on", it might be unnecessary to contact them about it.
    03-12-2014 02:55 PM
37 12