06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    7MP is the largest 16:9 option on the Lumia 920. It's all a bit confusing since it's a multi-aspect ratio sensor, but 3552*2000 = 7.1MP
    Oh and, that 16:9 / 4:3 legend at the top-right of the IMG->size screen is a bit confusing. I totally forgot to clear that up. Will do so for the next update.
    I get it now. The 16:9 and 4:3 are color coded and the color matches the pic size. In my setup, both the colors were almost the same and I couldnt make out the difference. I changed my proShot color and now am able to see the difference
    11-21-2013 09:45 AM
    Just updated on my 521 and bought the filter pack to try and compensate you in a small way for all your hard work. Like others, I had to restart the phone to get rid of the error message after installing. After that, no problems. I can't say I will use all the color filters much, since I tend to do post processing on my computer, but I am looking forward to testing out the HDR Lite some more. Its going to take some time to explore the new features :)

The SinCity filter doesn't seem to work on my 521. I can see the picture just fine before I take it, but it only saves a blank grey screen.

I took a few pictures with it this morning, and am trying to figure out the real difference in results between HDR Lite and Shadow Recovery and the plain old exposure bump on the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to see what filters are used with the embedded EXIF information ?

Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by Smyrna5; 11-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    11-21-2013 10:48 AM
    I get it now. The 16:9 and 4:3 are color coded and the color matches the pic size. In my setup, both the colors were almost the same and I couldnt make out the difference. I changed my proShot color and now am able to see the difference
    Yes I'm sorry for the confusion! For v3.0.1 I updated the look so the connection is a bit more obvious, but I'm pretty sure I could still design the menu better. Just had to push something out quickly along with the fixes to the bugs that came with 3.0

wp_ss_20131121_0001.jpg

Just updated on my 521 and bought the filter pack to try and compensate you in a small way for all your hard work. Like others, I had to restart the phone to get rid of the error message after installing. After that, no problems. I can't say I will use all the color filters much, since I tend to do post processing on my computer, but I am looking forward to testing out the HDR Lite some more. Its going to take some time to explore the new features :)

The SinCity filter doesn't seem to work on my 521. I can see the picture just fine before I take it, but it only saves a blank grey screen.

I took a few pictures with it this morning, and am trying to figure out the real difference in results between HDR Lite and Shadow Recovery and the plain old exposure bump on the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to see what filters are used with the embedded EXIF information ?

Keep up the great work.
    A fix for Sin City is on the way! Submitted the update early early this morning (USA time).

HDR Lite basically uses Shadow Recovery +3 plus a few other tweaks to give it its look. It's a step in the right direction as I work on bringing full HDR to ProShot ;)
    11-21-2013 03:18 PM
    RiseUpGames, I just have to say AWESOME update. Thank you! Don't really use filters but bought your filter pak to thank you and support your efforts.

Question/Bug: You added EXIF to the camera roll in 2.7. This is the metadata? How do I get to it? And will it display the metadata of images shot in Auto mode? Also in camera roll, when I tap "captured by ProShot" or use the "...\open in ProShot", I get error message, "Original image not found". Looks like this error only occurs for images shot before the update. I'm using 920.

Thanks again!
    11-21-2013 03:18 PM
    RiseUpGames, I just have to say AWESOME update. Thank you! Don't really use filters but bought your filter pak to thank you and support your efforts.

Question/Bug: You added EXIF to the camera roll in 2.7. This is the metadata? How do I get to it? And will it display the metadata of images shot in Auto mode? Also in camera roll, when I tap "captured by ProShot" or use the "...\open in ProShot", I get error message, "Original image not found". Looks like this error only occurs for images shot before the update. I'm using 920.

Thanks again!
    That is correct, the message only pops up with images captured before v3.0 since ProShot didn't save images to local storage before.

For EXIF, I just added the option to view the EXIF that's already embedded in the JPEG (so it will show shutter speed, aperture, size, and ISO). I actually have to do some crazy tricks to get EXIF to be embedded into pics shot with filters, but it's all accurate. If you have a Windows PC, you can copy the images to your HDD, right-click, select "Properties" and from there you can view the EXIF.
    11-21-2013 04:00 PM
    RiseUpGames, thanks. From your description, I thought that meant I could see EXIF from within ProShot. Now that I know, no problem to view with file manager in my laptop. Although, now that I think about this, if I could see it in ProShot, I could use it as a starting point to set up my manual setttings (since you haven't been able to implement a light meter function ;-) ).

Anyway, here's a recent shot with ProShot before the 3.0 update. This is shot in auto mode without any post-processing other than to crop due to out-of-level horizon.

20131117_170729a_proshot.jpg
    11-22-2013 11:18 AM
    RiseUpGames, thanks. From your description, I thought that meant I could see EXIF from within ProShot. Now that I know, no problem to view with file manager in my laptop. Although, now that I think about this, if I could see it in ProShot, I could use it as a starting point to set up my manual setttings (since you haven't been able to implement a light meter function ;-) ).

Anyway, here's a recent shot with ProShot before the 3.0 update. This is shot in auto mode without any post-processing other than to crop due to out-of-level horizon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131117_170729a_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	50306
    I'm sorry, maybe my description was a bit confusing (I've pulled too many late nights this week!). You can view the EXIF in ProShot. The values that are shown in the preview roll are taken from the image itself. I just only show the size, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and date and time info (and not other things like dpi settings since they're not that important). I do want to build a more fleshed-out image info viewer with histogram levels and such, but it's not that high on the priority list (based on user feedback).
    11-22-2013 02:24 PM
    You can view the EXIF in ProShot.
    oops, sorry, I played with this for so long and couldn't find it. NOW, I finally see it! My fault for being obtuse ;-) Thanks, all is well now!
    11-22-2013 08:05 PM
    opened the v3.0 for the first time today and I gotta say, wow the intro tutorial was very professional looking and is just plain awesome. the GUI makes me look like a photo pro and the tap slide shortcut is ingenius!
    very good
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:19 PM
    @RiseUpGames
    Remember when I told you "shoot for the stars", well I know it is not possible to have exposure longer than 4 seconds, but with your great ProShot app, and time lapse function I took my first photo of startrails :)
    I will play more with this when I have more time but so far I can say your app rocks.

(sorry to repport a bug but while taking this time lapse, counters did not move, time was at 0:00:00 and frame counter show only 0, but as you can see, there was a lot of photos taken)
    My Lumia 920 was in airplane mode,if this means something to you.
    Attached Thumbnails startrails-l920_01.jpg  
    RiseUpGames, yeewiz and aaa6112 like this.
    11-24-2013 02:12 PM
    @RiseUpGames
    Remember when I told you "shoot for the stars", well I know it is not possible to have exposure longer than 4 seconds, but with your great ProShot app, and time lapse function I took my first photo of startrails :)
    I will play more with this when I have more time but so far I can say your app rocks.

(sorry to repport a bug but while taking this time lapse, counters did not move, time was at 0:00:00 and frame counter show only 0, but as you can see, there was a lot of photos taken)
    My Lumia 920 was in airplane mode,if this means something to you.
    Awesome, very very cool!! Do you remember what settings you used? How many photos were taken? I'm planning a trip out to the desert soon and definitely wanted to try this out!

Oh and I'm really sorry about the bug in the counters, I've patched that (and a few other things) in the update I submitted to Microsoft on Thursday, which means it will hopefully be available for download today or tomorrow.
    11-24-2013 02:31 PM
    Hey man! Loving the new update. Convinced a fellow 1020 owner to buy your app yesterday. About continuous shoot: I meant a sort of shortest possible interval-mode for time lapse where the next picture is taken as soon as the cache is clear. Maybe there could be an indicator of the approximated interval somewhere on screen, as I'm guessing it would depend on hardware and options. Typing this from my phone so I'll keep it short.
    11-25-2013 12:24 AM
    Ps still no donate/bribe feature. I'm growing impatient.....
    11-25-2013 12:25 AM
    Awesome, very very cool!! Do you remember what settings you used? How many photos were taken? I'm planning a trip out to the desert soon and definitely wanted to try this out!

Oh and I'm really sorry about the bug in the counters, I've patched that (and a few other things) in the update I submitted to Microsoft on Thursday, which means it will hopefully be available for download today or tomorrow.
    Yes of course. This one is about 250 photos. One hour time lapse. 15 seconds interval. 2 seconds exposure time, ISO 800. Manual focus at 95%, WB Daylight. Flash off, filters off. Think it is it.
    (one tip, it was Cold so something like tea is good to have, blanket, I took laptop too and wathced one Movie)

Tripod of course :)
    11-25-2013 02:27 AM
    Hey man! Loving the new update. Convinced a fellow 1020 owner to buy your app yesterday. About continuous shoot: I meant a sort of shortest possible interval-mode for time lapse where the next picture is taken as soon as the cache is clear. Maybe there could be an indicator of the approximated interval somewhere on screen, as I'm guessing it would depend on hardware and options. Typing this from my phone so I'll keep it short.
    Awesome thank you :)

I'll definitely look into your suggestion. Sounds like it would fall under the burst mode category, though, right?

Ps still no donate/bribe feature. I'm growing impatient.....
    Haha. On the to-do list :p

Yes of course. This one is about 250 photos. One hour time lapse. 15 seconds interval. 2 seconds exposure time, ISO 800. Manual focus at 95%, WB Daylight. Flash off, filters off. Think it is it.
    (one tip, it was Cold so something like tea is good to have, blanket, I took laptop too and wathced one Movie)

Tripod of course :)
    Thanks for the info! Just curious, why did you choose a 15sec interval?
    11-25-2013 04:19 AM
    @RiseUpGames

This my first test of "startrails" so I thougt 15 seconds will do the job. I thought that 30 seconds will make "jumps/ empty space" between stars .
    Maybe I can BING for some tips on how to shoot startrails and see how photographers shoot startrails. :)
    11-25-2013 12:15 PM
    @RiseUpGames

Hey thanx for the new update with fixes!

I like the "Sin City" filter...a very cool add!

2013_11_25_12_57_05_proshot-1-.jpg
    Last edited by Guytronic; 11-25-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added pic...
    RiseUpGames and Smyrna5 like this.
    11-25-2013 02:19 PM
    @RiseUpGames

This my first test of "startrails" so I thougt 15 seconds will do the job. I thought that 30 seconds will make "jumps/ empty space" between stars .
    Maybe I can BING for some tips on how to shoot startrails and see how photographers shoot startrails. :)
    I think you can go as fast a 5sec intervals when shooting with a 2sec shutter speed. Although, that's 3X the amount of pictures you'd have to deal with, haha.

@RiseUpGames

Hey thanx for the new update with fixes!

I like the "Sin City" filter...a very cool add!
    Glad you like it! The Sin City filter has an interesting property: play with the exposure slider and it will create different effects.

Here's some random snaps I took while testing out the filter (my roommate's Boston Terrier is my go-to model for testing ProShot, haha)

sincity1.jpg

sincity2.jpg

The first was shot on a Lumia 520, the second was shot on a 1020.
    11-25-2013 03:16 PM
    WOW the app is awesome! Today got my Lumia back from repair at Nokia Care and instantly bought new filter pack :)

Proshot Sin City Filter 8-)
    Guytronic, Smyrna5 and RiseUpGames like this.
    11-26-2013 11:37 AM
    Hi everyone.

I don't know if it is a known bug or it is WAI but I cant use flash when using burst mode. Even If I force it to ON it never flashes.

Can you fix that? I'm still using 3.0, I haven't updated yet so if it is already fixed please forget it.

Keep on the good work mate. Best photo app in windows phone :-)

BTW: Riseupgames, I sent you a PM some time ago, still waiting for your answer just in case you are interested of course.

BR
    11-26-2013 05:19 PM
    Hi everyone.

I don't know if it is a known bug or it is WAI but I cant use flash when using burst mode. Even If I force it to ON it never flashes.

Can you fix that? I'm still using 3.0, I haven't updated yet so if it is already fixed please forget it.

Keep on the good work mate. Best photo app in windows phone :-)

BTW: Riseupgames, I sent you a PM some time ago, still waiting for your answer just in case you are interested of course.

BR
    Ah yes, I really wish I could get flash to work with burst mode. ProShot uses a hardware trick to grab images quickly, and that means that flash cannot be activated during burst capture :/

Question to everyone out there: besides HDR, what else would you like to see added to ProShot? (I'm working on a few bug fixes right now. Once that's done, it's time to add new features :)
    12-01-2013 03:07 PM
    Hmm, face detection, hdr mode, multiple focus in one shot mode would be nice, panorama mode, using a cameras full sensor size and over sampling would be great.
    Last edited by Muessig; 12-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    12-01-2013 03:17 PM
    Other thanHDR and an Unsharp Mask which i sometimes use in GIMP if the original lacks sharpness, I can't think of much more I would want. Faster execution between shots would be nice, but I know you are limited on that by what MS gives you to work with. I am just an amateur though. My one fear is that if you put too much into it, it will slow it down or require a lot more memory than my 521 has to run.
    Last edited by Smyrna5; 12-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    12-01-2013 10:58 PM
    I wish there was a trick to do longer exposures than 4 seconds. Not exactly time-lapse, but something to get even more light in one picture - sort of HDR, but more like "adding" the exposures then just "averaging".. :)
    12-02-2013 01:27 AM
    Reframe of course.
    12-03-2013 06:06 AM
2,260 ... 4950515253 ...