ProShot camera app.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried to disable HDR option, re-enable it again and now i can save photos...wtf?
Strange,but works... when i set to auto-HDR error sometime happening again.
Sometimes HDR option is grey (I assume not working) and sometimes is green (then works). Idk... bug?

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Anybody having issues with ProShot Classic on windows 10? I cannot open it, it immediately crashes. There is an update available in the store but when I go to download it it errors out during the installation phase. If I try to uninstall the app so I can do a fresh re-install it brings up the option to uninstall but then after selecting uninstall it does nothing.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
A few things to consider: Is the app installed on the phone's internal storage, or SD card? What model phone are you using the app on? What version of W10M are you running that is having the problems? Have you tried a soft reset or powering off the phone and rebooting it to see if that helps?

holohglr

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So, Livepaint works. Great!
BUT, why only 1920x1080? It's too low!?
My settings re RAW-TIF (100%) - image is 1920x1080 px only.

Thanks!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Is there an option to set it as the default camera app when I press the camera button ?

RiseUpGames recently answered this in another thread. Apparently the API is private and had only ever been used for the Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera apps. He doesn't have access to this to register ProShot as an option.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me if lightpainting works for stars using proshot? Pics would be appreciated.
that's an excellent idea. I usually did get stars with 4s exposure and ISOs of 800 and higher, but this could produce less noise. Unfortunately in the city I live in the light pollution prevents me from any noteworthy testing..

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have problem with sharpness on auto settings? Compared to windows camera app, pictures are so bad. Try to make picture of newspaper with this two app and compare them. When you zoom in difference is huge.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Whew sorry for the absence everyone! Trying to catch up...

I would like to buy app. But I only have Lumia 640. Could you please explain how TIFF format works with my camera. Because I can not use RAW sensor with official app (due to my camera)

Unfortunately TIFF might not work on your 640, it's looking like an OS bug that I need to talk to Microsoft about.

Can you confirm that force HDR works all the times?

It should, but the effect is not really going to work indoors or when the scene doesn't have much contrast.

For example : when i change from JPEG sensor to RAW,i can change IMG option from 90 to 95,99 or 100.
What that even mean?

That's the image quality option. It gets enabled when your sensor setting is RAW

ProShot added RAW support, am I reading this correctly ? If so does that mean ProShot can write exposures for HDR to RAW ?

HDR is JPEG only, the API doesn't allow for RAW in this mode

When I change ISO or Shutter Speed values (in Manual mode) - I can't see result on Lumia screen. Is that a Microsoft limitation in API or?
In iOS and Android ProShot app when you change those settings you can preview the result on the screen.
Thanks!

Yes, sadly an API limitation

Would You mind sharing a little behind the scenes on how the RAW->JPG etc. options actually work? I like playing with the DNGs in Rawer, but understand that's not an option to get out of ProShot yet.

Yes, ProShot cannot directly save out RAW files, just not possible right now with the API available. The documentation is really really thin when it comes to ProShot's RAW sensor output option, it defines the output as "uncompressed", but that's all it says, no diagrams on how it all works. Its likely after the debayering and demosaic stage, so not a true RAW. This is the closest a third party app can get so far. ProShot takes the RAW (uncompressed) image and then saves it out to either JPEG (a compressed format) or TIFF (an uncompressed format, if you choose the IMG 100 option).

I tried to disable HDR option, re-enable it again and now i can save photos...wtf?

I'm really sorry for that bug, it was a weird one to figure out. Should be all good in the current version of ProShot!

Anybody having issues with ProShot Classic on windows 10? I cannot open it, it immediately crashes. There is an update available in the store but when I go to download it it errors out during the installation phase. If I try to uninstall the app so I can do a fresh re-install it brings up the option to uninstall but then after selecting uninstall it does nothing.

I wish I could help with this, but the way W10 treats Windows Phone 8.0 apps is a little broken, and I don't think MS is going to fix it. Way back when W10 was announced, Microsoft assured devs that their Windows Phone apps would run perfectly on W10. That sadly wasn't the case :/ Best bet is to try restarting your phone, then try reinstalling.

So, Livepaint works. Great!
BUT, why only 1920x1080? It's too low!?

Yes the max is 1920x1080. It takes a lot of CPU power to show the image developing in real-time, so this is this highest it can go for now. I'm confident that as Windows 10 matures there will be ways to bump up the resolution :)

RiseUpGames where is 720p/120 fps option for video?
L950xl have that option.

There is no slow motion option at this time, its a bit different in code from normal video (with various limitations) so still trying to figure that out, if its even possible.

Is there an option to set it as the default camera app when I press the camera button ?

There is a post on XDA that lists steps to enable this, but its not an easy process and it requires you to download some stuff that might not be legal, so I won't link to it. Definitely try at your own risk.

The lowdown I got from Microsoft on this subject is that apps that launch from the camera button require "super" access, and they're not wanting to let any apps other than their own have access to this. It's sad, because the option to select a camera has been there since Windows Phone 8.0, almost 4 years ago :/

Can someone tell me if lightpainting works for stars using proshot? Pics would be appreciated.

Very doubtful at this point, given how light painting is set up. But, I've got some prototyped code written out specifically for stars. Haven't had a chance to drive out of the city to test, but it's most certainly on the todo list and I'm very excited about it :)

Does anyone have problem with sharpness on auto settings? Compared to windows camera app, pictures are so bad. Try to make picture of newspaper with this two app and compare them. When you zoom in difference is huge.

What is your sharpness setting? I tried to keep the control pretty granular, there are 6 steps to the settings so one should be able to get some decent control over their photo's IQ without too many sharpening artifacts

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
What is your sharpness setting? I tried to keep the control pretty granular, there are 6 steps to the settings so one should be able to get some decent control over their photo's IQ without too many sharpening artifacts
It's all settings on auto,default.I didn't touch anything.
compare.jpg
left is proshot,right is default camera.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
HELP! Anybody know how to solve this problem: Pictures being taken with Proshot are NOT being saved anywhere, or at least I can't find them. Pictures shot with the default Camera app are saved as expected to my Camera Roll folder in my SD card. I'm using a 950XL with dual sim on W10M Version 1607, Build 14393.189. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes