07-19-2016 02:27 PM
204 12345 ...
tools
    Could anyone tell me how to switch to rear camera? I couldn't find the option! Notifications are not working, yet incoming call received while surfing on wpcentral, so background working fixed. DON'T TELL ME THAT"S ONLY FOR THE FIRST DAY....
    03-19-2013 10:46 PM
    Tap the video calling icon the tap switch camera..
    03-19-2013 10:47 PM
    i have a few contacts in the people hub that i had in my MS account saved with detailed data. the update synced their skype account to their other contact sources in the people hub bu over road the mobile #s with country codes in their mobile numbers. i cant edit back and am unable to call these folks.
    03-19-2013 10:49 PM
    if you hit the back button, the app is removed from the background and you no longer receives any calls. If you hit the windows button, the app continues to run in the background and you'll be able to receive calls/notifications.
    yeps i know XD but i wanted to know if the pplz who claims it doesent work background knows it XD
    03-19-2013 11:19 PM
    if you hit the back button, the app is removed from the background and you no longer receives any calls. If you hit the windows button, the app continues to run in the background and you'll be able to receive calls/notifications.
    I believe that on this version if you have notifications working properly you receive calls/notifications even if you close out using the back button. At least that's what my testing showed.
    03-20-2013 12:04 AM
    A bit new to this skype thingy...what is this People Hub integration thing. Dont see anything in the People hub about skype. Skype boots up, see certain people Ive put in as favorites that have skype. What is new....

thanks
    03-20-2013 12:17 AM
    yeps i know XD but i wanted to know if the pplz who claims it doesent work background knows it XD
    The supposed state is that you close it with back key it still rings whenever a call coming in.
    03-20-2013 01:43 AM
    A bit new to this skype thingy...what is this People Hub integration thing. Dont see anything in the People hub about skype. Skype boots up, see certain people Ive put in as favorites that have skype. What is new....

thanks
    People hub integration is quite subtle. If you have a John Smith in your [Outlook/Live/Google/Facebook/....] people, and you have a John Smith in Skype, they'll be automatically linked with each other, this can be seen under the person's name, and as a contact option below.

Then you can launch skype from the person you want to contact. Here's a screenshot:

people-skype.png
    03-20-2013 02:59 AM
    otherwise you can manually link a skype username to a contact in the people hub

easiest way to do this is to just filter your contact list so you only see skype contacts
    that way youll know which ones arent linked yet and just start linking them
    03-20-2013 03:26 AM
    Could anyone tell me how to switch to rear camera? I couldn't find the option! Notifications are not working, yet incoming call received while surfing on wpcentral, so background working fixed. DON'T TELL ME THAT"S ONLY FOR THE FIRST DAY....
    Make sure you have notifications on too. Mine were turned off, even though I had them on before the update.
    03-20-2013 03:41 AM
    i was have the same problem with skype on my phone ,, the i asked the windows phone support on twitter about this problem ,,they told me to uninstall it and re-install it again .. i do this and it's work perfect now .. sorry for the bad english :\
    03-20-2013 03:58 AM
    I installed the update and still nothing worked, I was always shown as offline. I then uninstalled, rebooted phone and installed again. Everything now works perfectly. I am always shown as online and get instant notifications for messages and receive calls.

Id like to see the following happen next:

Minor update: Add seen/read option like Whatsapp has + Add picture and video sending
    Major Update: Bake the whole Skype experience into the phone and have it work like iMessage/Facetime does on iPhone without the need for additional app.

Id guess the major update wont come until windows Phone 8.5 arrives.

And sure there is probably loads more features people want but for me that above would be awesome.
    finiterex likes this.
    03-20-2013 04:27 AM
    I prefer not to have that received note. If they implement it, I am sure it will pissed off a lot of people.
    03-20-2013 04:59 AM
    OK, strange phenomenon: I have one single contact connected by Skype and Messenger, that is my wife.

I have also connected my Skype and Microsoft Accounts.

Now, when my wife writes me a messenger message, I get it both with Skype and on Messenger on my phone.

Will this change when Messenger finally fully dies on 8th April?
    03-20-2013 05:16 AM
    So, since I updated Skype I havn't been able to use it at all. When I start it up, it will shut itself down within 10 seconds, usually faster if I actually try to do something with it. I have reinstalled twice and tried rebooting the device too, but no luck. It didn't do this prior to the update.

This is one a Lumia 920. Anyone else having similar problems? I tried to look if anyone reported the same on comments, but it seems I'm mostly alone with this.
    03-20-2013 05:21 AM
    Will we ever be able to video call while NOT on WiFi? Had Tango on my WP7 - no alternative on WP8 yet...
    03-20-2013 05:41 AM
    Will we ever be able to video call while NOT on WiFi? Had Tango on my WP7 - no alternative on WP8 yet...
    uh I get video calls on LTE no problem...
    GSOgymrat likes this.
    03-20-2013 05:50 AM
    OK, strange phenomenon: I have one single contact connected by Skype and Messenger, that is my wife.

I have also connected my Skype and Microsoft Accounts.

Now, when my wife writes me a messenger message, I get it both with Skype and on Messenger on my phone.

Will this change when Messenger finally fully dies on 8th April?
    You can fix this by going onto your profile, click three dots in bottom right corner, click on notifications and turn of "messenger messages" then they wont appear in skype.
    03-20-2013 07:09 AM
    So, since I updated Skype I havn't been able to use it at all. When I start it up, it will shut itself down within 10 seconds, usually faster if I actually try to do something with it. I have reinstalled twice and tried rebooting the device too, but no luck. It didn't do this prior to the update.

This is one a Lumia 920. Anyone else having similar problems? I tried to look if anyone reported the same on comments, but it seems I'm mostly alone with this.
    It also seems like none of the new features (switch accounts, people-hub integration) works either in addition to the app shutting down near instantly. Not gonna do a hard reset, even if it was the only potential fix left when reboot and reintalling several times has no effect..
    03-20-2013 08:22 AM
    From Joe Belfiore (source):
    "Skype uses WP8 VOIP system for bkgd- without eating battery. You get calls via the native phone UI even if skype's not running"

Can someone confirm that if you close out of Skype using the back button and not the Windows button that you do not receive Skype calls?
    03-20-2013 08:31 AM
    Anyone else had a hit on battery life with this version? I normally have about 50% spare at the end of the day. Last night I was down to below 20% by the time I got home.
    03-20-2013 08:48 AM
    You can fix this by going onto your profile, click three dots in bottom right corner, click on notifications and turn of "messenger messages" then they wont appear in skype.
    Yeah, but then I get rid of notifications for all other skype contacts. I'll live with double notifications.
    03-20-2013 09:32 AM
    From Joe Belfiore (source):
    "Skype uses WP8 VOIP system for bkgd- without eating battery. You get calls via the native phone UI even if skype's not running"

Can someone confirm that if you close out of Skype using the back button and not the Windows button that you do not receive Skype calls?
    I think that's how I tested it last night and it worked, but not sure. Gonna try it again, and will post results...

UPDATE: YES it works even after having closed Skype by hitting the "Back" button. I was on the start screen, without any apps in the "multitasking" history running, and I am able to receive a call without any issues.

BUT... I have the green screen when I try to use video..... Wasn't there a thread about that somewhere?
    03-20-2013 09:34 AM
    It also seems like none of the new features (switch accounts, people-hub integration) works either in addition to the app shutting down near instantly. Not gonna do a hard reset, even if it was the only potential fix left when reboot and reintalling several times has no effect..
    So when you hit switch accounts what exactly happens? Does it not log you out? Does it crash?
    03-20-2013 09:41 AM
    So when you hit switch accounts what exactly happens? Does it not log you out? Does it crash?

After several reinstalls I got the people-hub integration and logojt to work, but this aint much when it still crashes on me all the time :D
    03-20-2013 10:16 AM
204 12345 ...