[Official] Skype on WP Thread

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Skype Update! 3/19/13

Ok, clarification of the confusion from my earlier comments: was able to test it again, message notifications and calls work fine. No idea why it didn't work this morning. It works like a charm now. 😊

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

It's about 3:15am in the East US... I don't have the time to test the client. Just wanted to grab the update and go see if I was able to log out... which I did.

And, by 'log out' you mean 'switch accounts' or actually hit a button saying "log out" or "sign out"?

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

By clicking "switch accounts", you log out and are brought back to the log in page you get when you start the app for the first time.

I wonder how the people hub integration works when you switch accounts often...

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I don't use Skype integration in People Hub. Whenever I connect Skype to MS, I get syncing issues.
And to the other user asking about how they close Skype: back button. ALWAYS the back button.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

I don't use Skype integration in People Hub. Whenever I connect Skype to MS, I get syncing issues.
And to the other user asking about how they close Skype: back button. ALWAYS the back button.

i ask it because if they back button, it wont stay background...so perhaps those who say it doesent work background are not using windows button

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

i have a Lumia 620 and Skype is listed on "background" when i long press the back button...and i do receive notifications...so i really don't see what's the problem some pplz are having here .-.
same thing with WhatsApp...many complaints but it works perfectly fine for me .-.

edit: stupid question, but it matters - when u guys leave Skype, you click the back button or windows button?

if you hit the back button, the app is removed from the background and you no longer receives any calls. If you hit the windows button, the app continues to run in the background and you'll be able to receive calls/notifications.

Yu Cheng

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Could anyone tell me how to switch to rear camera? I couldn't find the option! Notifications are not working, yet incoming call received while surfing on wpcentral, so background working fixed. DON'T TELL ME THAT"S ONLY FOR THE FIRST DAY....

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

i have a few contacts in the people hub that i had in my MS account saved with detailed data. the update synced their skype account to their other contact sources in the people hub bu over road the mobile #s with country codes in their mobile numbers. i cant edit back and am unable to call these folks.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

if you hit the back button, the app is removed from the background and you no longer receives any calls. If you hit the windows button, the app continues to run in the background and you'll be able to receive calls/notifications.

yeps i know XD but i wanted to know if the pplz who claims it doesent work background knows it XD

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I believe that on this version if you have notifications working properly you receive calls/notifications even if you close out using the back button. At least that's what my testing showed.

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

A bit new to this skype thingy...what is this People Hub integration thing. Dont see anything in the People hub about skype. Skype boots up, see certain people Ive put in as favorites that have skype. What is new....

thanks

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

A bit new to this skype thingy...what is this People Hub integration thing. Dont see anything in the People hub about skype. Skype boots up, see certain people Ive put in as favorites that have skype. What is new....

thanks

People hub integration is quite subtle. If you have a John Smith in your [Outlook/Live/Google/Facebook/....] people, and you have a John Smith in Skype, they'll be automatically linked with each other, this can be seen under the person's name, and as a contact option below.

Then you can launch skype from the person you want to contact. Here's a screenshot:

people-skype.png

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

otherwise you can manually link a skype username to a contact in the people hub

easiest way to do this is to just filter your contact list so you only see skype contacts
that way youll know which ones arent linked yet and just start linking them

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Could anyone tell me how to switch to rear camera? I couldn't find the option! Notifications are not working, yet incoming call received while surfing on wpcentral, so background working fixed. DON'T TELL ME THAT"S ONLY FOR THE FIRST DAY....

Make sure you have notifications on too. Mine were turned off, even though I had them on before the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo