UC Browser 2.9 Beta Test closed, official release incoming!

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi my friends:

Update: Beta Test closed, 2.9 official release incoming!

This is the biggest update of UC Browser for Windows Phone yet!
This version contains so many great features to get the most out of your mobile browsing experience on your Windows Phone.

And I would like to be the first to mention UC Browser and WPCentral had both get into the second round of the "Next Star Apps"
Cheers, don't forget to vote for both of us! http://nas.newwp.it
AppStarBadge-208x67.png

For user with developer unlocked Phone, you can just download the xap and deploy
XAP link for WP7
wp7temp.png

XAP link for WP8
wp8temp.png

If you don't have an unlocked phone, you can mail your live ID, contact email and phone type to gongbz@ucweb.com
We will add your live id to our MarketPlace Test project and you should receive an email with marketplace link before Tuesday

for example:
Live ID: yourid@live.com
Email: yourmail@gmail.com
Phone Type: WP8

And here’s what we’ve added for our you:
1. Watch Offline (Yes, the idea comes from the community. Thanks for your feedback!)
Ever come across an online video and it’s so great you want to keep it? We’ve made this possible! With this new version users can cache online videos on selected websites, then watch them later on your phone even without an internet connection. Say goodbye to slow video loading in bad network environments.
1.png

2. View It Later
You can save webpages (including pictures and child links, not a simple Save Page) that you want to view later, then enjoy them when you want even without a network connection. So if you have a favorite webpage of images that you always like to view, you can permanently save this webpage to your phone for later viewing regardless of being connected to the internet or not. You can also share these pages with your friends.
2.png

3. Visit as PC
By entering Desktop mode, you can now experience the full features of webpages as if you were on a PC. If you have access to a really fast network connection, you don’t always want to use the compact mobile version of webpages, so this feature will give you access to the full desktop versions.
3.png

4. Smart Cache
Smart Cache automatically manages your memory/buffer usage. Imagine that you’re visiting multiple webpages with many videos and images. When your memory begins to run low, the memory cache will automatically be cleared, allowing you to keep browsing smoothly.
4.png

5. Optimization for 256MB Phones
If you are a user of a Lumia 610/510/505 or other phones with 256MB of memory, we have optimized this version especially for you. Users of these phone models can now enjoy a more flexible and faster user experience.

If you got any feedback or suggestion for us , feel free to post here or mail to gongbz@ucweb.com

And if you never tried UC Browser...definitely worth trying! It's the most popular 3rd browser on Windows Phone!
UC Browser | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Attachments

• 17184310aw7kwnk0u06nun.png
    17184310aw7kwnk0u06nun.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: UC Browser 2.9 Beta Test looking for more volunteer!

Looks good and thanks for the work. I am having some issues with this app that I hope you can fix. Sign me up.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'll absolutely test anything that can help the platform. I'm installing the browser to see how it works now.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I just got my dev account few days back. Will give this a spin and let you know how it is.

I love IE but there was never a day when choice was a bad thing.

Keep up the good work!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I used it for a moment, but I didn't really care for it. The dealbreaker for me was that you have to manually tell the browser to close. I like to be able to hit Back until the browser closes, so having to verify that I want to close the browser messes that up for me. Also, I didn't like that there was not a setting to use the desktop version of sites. Many sites I visit (such as ESPN) have crappy mobile sites, so I don't use them.

Are both of those features missing, or did I just not see them?

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Side load installation done! Will keep you guys posted on any issues I might face as I use it over the next few days.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I noticed slight slowness during image heavy sites like yahoo images. Tabbed browsing works great. App launches quick enough. Voice command opens the app which is nice. Pages load in the background, something IE won't do properly.

So far looking good.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Amazing, I just emailed to you.. Waiting anxiously.. :D

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Good work with the UCBrowser. It's my go to browser. I'll download the XAP for WP8 and try.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Great app, my go to browser. Only issue is that if i open a forum thread with gifs or a lot of pictures, the browser will crash due to memory loss or something.

Also, i can't watch embedded videos in forums, but i can on IE10.

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for all your reply:)

We just sent out the beta invitation.If you didn't receive, don't worry, the official release would be near.

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Back+close was a problem we discussed a lot. It's a nice choice on Windows Phone, but some of our users still got the impression of Android(It took the major marketshare and has huge influence), so they asked for a confirmation on that.
No kidding, we really did a reach on that. Actually some ppl still ask why we don't have an "exit" button in main menu...

We are now working on another plan to fix this, and in a month or two we can see this happen.

About desktop mode, you can go to a page, toggle it with menu-setting-Visit as PC.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Very fast and fluid so, far love desktop mode.. I have a problem with bookmarking though.. I bookmark a page erase the bookmark and after that I tried to rebook it, and it didn't. It kept saying that it was already bookmarked, but it isn't on the bookmarks.. Maybe a little bug

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Great app, my go to browser. Only issue is that if i open a forum thread with gifs or a lot of pictures, the browser will crash due to memory loss or something.

Also, i can't watch embedded videos in forums, but i can on IE10.
Pic heavy sites was a headache for us. App can only use 300MB of memory, and IE web control run through it pretty quick.

Embedded video was a new problem for us, thanks for the feedback.
Can you tell me which site? Facebook seems fine last time I checked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes