Peoples hub vs Facebook app

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I only use the hub to post status to fb and twitter but everything else lags and takes for ever to update
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
First, there is no sliding to "contacts". The app opens to "news feed", from which you can swipe to "photos" or to the "--------" page, where you can update your status or dip into "FAVORITES". I assume this untitled page is what you're calling "contacts". This page should probably have been split across a clearly titled "profile" page (that would correspond to your timeline) and a separate page that deals with friends, subscriptions, groups and other pages you've connected to.

Anyway, that untitled page still has no Search function. You need to select "Friends" to see a search option pop up at the bottom of the screen (or click on "MORE" below an abbreviated list of your Groups or Pages- either of which take you a page within FRIENDS). From there you can search for people, or swipe over to Pages to look for things like brand pages or perhaps celebrities or other things that you'd presumably follow rather than actually be 'friends' with.

So, overall I would still argue that the search functionality is sub-optimal.

yes, the page with the contacts is your contacts page.

Do this:
Tap the people tile which will take you to the what's new feed.
Swipe to the left to your all page that has your contacts.
On the bottom are two icons, the + sign adds contacts and the circle with a line off of it is a magnifying glass and means search.
Tap this search button
profit

Sean D.

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
I can't search for other friends and family throughout Facebook send friend request and so on I do like the peoples hub but i don't see mutual friends,friend requests etc would love for peoples hub to do it all no Facebook app needed !
I've never had an issue searching for people because finding people in my contact list is easier than facebook or anywhere else for that matter.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an issue searching for people because finding people in my contact list is easier than facebook or anywhere else for that matter.
you can't search people or friends you havent accepted from actual web site for example pull up your peoples hub think of some one Not in your contacts someone you want to look for and search Facebook for that person using peoples hub...... can't do it

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I too agree, i open my FB app only for two reasons...
1. Search someone online who is not in my contact list and
2. Events and birthdays

Otherwise peoples hub is better at all other tasks...

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I too agree, i open my FB app only for two reasons...
1. Search someone online who is not in my contact list and
2. Events and birthdays

Otherwise peoples hub is better at all other tasks...

Same here. The only thing I would add is liking a photo, as that is the only way to do it. Otherwise I use the People/Me/Photo Hubs.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The People hub is great, but I have one question. I can see all the info for my facebook friends, but I can't see my own facebook stuff under my name. Do I need to do something else to see my own FB activity in People? In addition, some of my Facebook friends pictures etc show up under People, and some don't

Last edited:

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The People hub is great, but I have one question. I can see all the info for my facebook friends, but I can't see my own facebook stuff under my name. Do I need to do something else to see my own FB activity in People?
That would be the Me Hub. Go to the People Hub and find yourself, then pin that.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The app or website is better. The people hub for whatever reason does not show all ur friends updates because yr friends may have their pages blocked against third party apps, and alot of times the hub will show a few updates then skip to 18-23 hours ago feeds

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
People's Hub for me. Why? Simply because People's Hub and my Contacts are synced. I can even link the contacts to their Facebook add. And, yes, the What's New section works fine for me, and it's really fast.

All I do is simply , Comment , Like and Post :) Other things like Respond to a request can be done using UC Browser :) Works really great. FB Application? Nope. Too slow :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon