Uploading files for use in your Kindle app on Windows Phone 8

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I have some mobi files that I would like to be able to view on through my kindle app. When you purchase a kindle, it comes with an e-mail that you can send files to so that they will be uploaded to kindle automatically. However, with a kindle app, no such e-mail is provided, at least that I am aware of.

So, with that in mind, how do I get the files from my computer so that I can view them though my Kindle app on my WP8?

Thanks!

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
You can't. Even if you had the email address, the WP device would be grayed out as an option. In other words you can't send any personal documents to your Windows Phone. Its not just Windows phones though, I hear you can't send them to other devices too.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I did end up getting the e-mail address and the files are in my kindle library, but as you stated, I cannot view them on my phone. I contacted Amazon support and they confirmed this.

Barnes and Noble needs to come out with a Nook app to compete with Kindle and give Amazon a bit of incentive to push things forward a bit. Its pretty dumb that we can't have that feature.

DmitriDon

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Just tried to deliver .mobi file to Kindle app on my Windows Phone, and it didn't work. Also, contacted Amazon and let him know. Is there any other ebook readers available on Windows Phone which I can use instead of Kindle?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon