Eye-Fi Support

Johnny

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Been wanting Eye-fi support for some time now and it looks like an app may be in the works, who knows. Sent an email to the service reps and this was their reply. Hope it pans out.

Hello johnny,
Thank you for contacting Eye-Fi Customer Care. You are not alone in wanting a Windows mobile version of the Eye-Fi app. Eye-Fi's own VP of Marketing is asking for one too, so give us some time and let's see what happens. Just wanted you to know that there you have someone on the inside asking for the same.
Kind regards,
Eye-Fi Customer Care

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Huh, another company calling "Windows Phone" "Windows mobile"... How can this be?! :crying:

Those Eye-Fi cards looked pretty cool. Auto-uploads to cloud storage is useful. Actually, now that I remember that SkyDrive automatic update is bugged with an "Other" memory side effect, this seems pretty useful! Well, until GDR2 comes out of course... :winktongue:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
One of the reasons i keep an android phone is for this. But lately my Eye-Fi Pro isn't much of use.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 4

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
. Auto-uploads to cloud storage is useful. Actually, now that I remember that SkyDrive automatic update is bugged with an "Other" memory side effect, this seems pretty useful!
I'm not sure if you understand eye-fi. Are you wanting to use eye-fi in your phone so that you can auto-upload ​phone pictures to another cloud service?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Oops, I was speaking from past knowledge. When I first saw the Eye-Fi cards in Target retail stores, I was interested and I looked at the cards' website and I think I saw the site saying that those cards automatically upload taken pictures to cloud services for you, if you're in reach of Wi-Fi. Now as I check their website again, the new cards are now used to upload pictures from your digital camera to your smartphone. Quite a change...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
@interopbyt, yes it does, both ways. You can configure it to upload to their cloud, or be transferred to your phone running the app. I use the latter method.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The key point is that the card is in your camera, not your phone. It's for uploading pictures that you take with your camera to your phone or to a cloud service via a wifi connection. Currently there is not a WP app that allows you to transfer to your phone.

Jamse2

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

loociano

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Besides uploading photos to the phone (iPhone or android), the connection between the Eye-Fi card and the phone allows the photos to be geotagged. For me this is a big plus when using the Eye-Fi paired with my iPhone. Too bad I can't use this with my 920.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Eye-Fi Card Support?

Yes. I emailed Eye-Fi and their response was they were not going to support WP. However, that doesn't jibe with what the OP in the other thread posted. That post was almost a year ago. I emailed Eye-Fi a few months ago. So I don't know which one to believe.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Eye-Fi Card Support?

Ok. So I found a work around for my Eye-Fi card. The upshot, I can upload my photos from my Eye-Fi equipped phone for Facebook or MMS. The downside, it will cut into my data cap.

So here's how it works. I tell my Eye-Fi card to upload to OneDrive. In the Eye-Fi app on my desktop, I set the folder to upload to as my Pictures\Mobile Uploads that is in my OneDrive folder on my desktop. I also set up my Eye-Fi card to connect to my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot when I turn on internet sharing. As soon as my Eye-Fi card enabled camera connects to my phone's hotspot, it starts uploading photos to the specified OneDrive folder on my desktop (regardless of where I am). My desktop then auto syncs with OneDrive and voil? I have uploaded photos from my Eye-Fi card that I can now access with my phone for sharing on Facebook, MMS, etc.

I don't auto upload videos though. A one minute (or longer) video at 1080p from my camera can get really big so I don't want to bust my data cap in one day. But the photos are JPG and reasonably sized (8MBish) and won't bust my data cap... I hope.

And now you ask, "Why not just take all of your photos and video with your phone?" Well, my camera is a Pentax WG-3 GPS, which is waterproof down to 45ft. I do have a waterproof case (Dry Case) for my phone, but the Pentax is designed to operate underwater, so when I take my daughter snorkeling, we can get some really good underwater pics (and video).

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I just saw that. The problem is I have an Eyefi X2 Pro and Eyefi Mobi doesn't support the X2 cards. Just the Mobi cards. :/ I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on a new card.

Derrick Siu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Purchased the Eye-Fi Pro card, installed the eyefi mobi apps and tested, it worked for my wife Samsung Note3, and my daughter's Nokia 735, but the apps doesn't work for my Nokia 1520, it doesn't even open (It run and closed automatically), is it because of my 1520 is upgraded from Windows phone 8.0 to 8.1 and not genuine 8.1? I double checked my phone is today. Can anybody help? Bugs?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sitting on the fence one an eye-fi card for my dslr, how is the situation these days with windows mobile support?

So here's how it works. I tell my Eye-Fi card to upload to OneDrive.

Pretty decent option actually now that one drive is tied to your gallery, but now, how is the situation? better support?

I'm on the fence for getting an eye-fi card for my dslr since it has an extra SD slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077