Attention Shopping List App Developers - Feature Request

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for a good shopping list app for a while now. While it looks like there are some good ones out there, they all appear to be missing the one feature that is very useful IMHO.

This post was inspired by a conversation on another board with the developer of Easy Shopping. The App looks great however it is missing the one thing that would prompt me to use it.

I believe that the retail store should be an attribute to the item, say tooth paste as an example instead of the other way around. I would like to be able to create an item, assign the 7 or 8 stores where I might buy it as an attribute and when I arrive in one of them be able to pull up a list of items available in that location.

I used to have an App on my old Palm Pilot that worked like this. It was very useful. It even had the ability to track an item to the aisle in a particular store if I wished to set it up.

Add this feature in with the ability to manage it on the Web and we have a winner.

Just thought I would put this out there.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I don't quite follow since I don't have any of the shopping apps, but couldn't you just go to the toothpaste aisle and look what they have?

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for a good shopping list app for a while now. While it looks like there are some good ones out there, they all appear to be missing the one feature that is very useful IMHO.

This post was inspired by a conversation on another board with the developer of Easy Shopping. The App looks great however it is missing the one thing that would prompt me to use it.

I believe that the retail store should be an attribute to the item, say tooth paste as an example instead of the other way around. I would like to be able to create an item, assign the 7 or 8 stores where I might buy it as an attribute and when I arrive in one of them be able to pull up a list of items available in that location.

I used to have an App on my old Palm Pilot that worked like this. It was very useful. It even had the ability to track an item to the aisle in a particular store if I wished to set it up.

Add this feature in with the ability to manage it on the Web and we have a winner.

Just thought I would put this out there.

When i first got my 920 it took me awhile to find a good shopping list app until I found "Smart Shopping". I believe this has the feature you are talking about.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I don't quite follow since I don't have any of the shopping apps, but couldn't you just go to the toothpaste aisle and look what they have?

What I am getting at is that I would make a list of say 50 things I need to shop for. I would like to be able to go into a store and see which items on my list are available in that store. I could associate toothpaste with Walmart, Target, Walgreens, King Soopers etc....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos