Windows phone apps alternatives of Android

NCBryan01

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Gooroovester is nice but extremely slow and spends much time downloading data.. The list of Genres for instance takes at least 2-3 minutes to load, IF it loads at all.. Sometimes it just quits trying.. And the app crashes often. I am using it with 12,500 songs uploaded to Google Music. Also none of these Google music apps for WP support Google's All Access subscription service.

NCBryan01

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
@NotSafeForWork, I'm just quoting Microsoft and haven't tried WMALossless on the phone myself.. I have no interest in WMALossless anyway due to the lack of support on other devices so it's still an absolutely useless audio format in my opinion. One's music library should be able to play on anything in this day and age and WMALossless is the least supported format of them all.

NCBryan01

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
@Crash1989. I would like to emphasize that the file size isn't the problem as storage space is cheap and more of it appears on new devices each year. Nor is the quality of lossy formats (mp3, wma, ogg, etc) an issue on portable devices.. No one expects a portable device to be an audiophile device. This is merely about convenience of using one's music library where it's desired. There are applications out there that will convert on the fly when syncing but they are extremely slow and complicated to manage. Having support for FLAC on WP would make life much easier for audiophiles to take their music with them..

So far there isn't a single music app for Windows Phone that will playback FLAC files stored on the phone. I am quite sure this is what Microsoft wants as they're still being wagged by the marketing dogs who make these decisions. FLAC is free and efficient so there is no monetary or technical reason for it to not be supported.. Microsoft is simply trying to keep FLAC off the platform so they can promote their own formats which no one uses or cares about. It's stupid decisions like this that have put Microsoft in desperate catch-up mode for so many consumer technologies. Hopefully a new CEO (one that has at least a small technical background at all ) will help.

Gino Guillermo

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think its quite unthinkable and stupid that Flac ( which has been around for a whole and is slowly being supported by more & more artists nowadays) in these day and age that Microsoft/Nokia and even Apple doeznt support the format.

Yes the file size might be a lot higher but as I said before this is crucial for me in switching my Android phone to a WP8 phone as I use my phone in listening to my music.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
3. Moliplayer pro, not as good as vplayer or mxplayer on Android, but the best on WP

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Gino Guillermo

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel Microsoft has to change attitudes. Promoting one's own in-house 1st-party formats and softwares is a good thing. But if the majority uses a format that is more compatible with most devices, doesn't use much space, sound is great then they just have to embrace it i'm afraid. It's not an issue of "If you can't beat 'em join them" but its a matter of practicality and be realistic.

When the n.mp3 format came out no one or very, very few companies supported it. Now, how successful it is now. Same with Flac & hi-fidelity music. People's uses and needs are changing. Music technology is evolving. And Microsoft must also evolve with the times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon