Grocery List app - 3 platforms?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I need a grocery/shopping list app that will be shared by users on WP, iOS and Android. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Onenote using family room works great! You can set it up family room on your windows phone 8, and it will add to your onenote app. again it is a great solution plus you can edit from the web and Onenote 2013 :)

My wife has a iphone 4s and she uses this as her solution.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The wife and I use Smart Shopping but both have Windows phones. Not sure its on other platforms.

I looked for it in the App store and couldn't find it.

Besides Onenote you could use evernote, but Onenote has the ability to share notes between users. All users need a microsoft accounts. here are the links for onenote for the other platforms. With windows phone it is built in.

iOS:
Ipad:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-onenote-for-ipad/id478105721?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Iphone:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-onenote-for-iphone/id410395246?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.onenote

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I need a grocery/shopping list app that will be shared by users on WP, iOS and Android. Thanks.

Try using easy shopping, it's the best shopping app out there. Not sure if it's a cross platform app but the developer is fantastic.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Grocery Gadget allows you to use all 3 platforms, as well as a web interface (though it's a good bit on the slow side). It allows you to store aisles for stores (using categories). Also allows up to two tax types to be used on a per item basis. I wish the program were faster and more responsive, but having my store with all of its items in all of their aisles makes shopping much faster. If you only need a simple list, then OneNote is an excellent alternative.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. OneNote lacks features on Android & iOS. Evernote shared notebooks are read-only if you aren't the creator. Plus, both of those lack the overall simplicity we're looking for - something you just tap to open, and a simple list appears. Grocery Gadget Free is crap on Android. Shopping Lists Manager was promising, but the app keeps crashing on my Nexus 7 when I try to login.

Ended up going with OurGroceries. Simple, moron-proof, free, and no registration needed. Exactly what we want, except... wait for it...

It's not available on Windows Phone. Oh, well.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Not on Android.

I really would have liked OneNote to be the sol'n. At the end of the day, the simplicity of installing an app and one-step set up to get shared, no registration or account required, trumps not having access on WP, at this point.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't create a new notebook, delete a notebook or single note.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

To use OneNote for a shopping list, you don't need to constantly "create a new notebook, delete a notebook or single note".

My wife and I use a single shopping list in OneNote. Create the list (once) with check boxes in front of each item and share it with all the others. Then each user opens the OneNote list and checks off items on the list that are needed. It will sync with the others. Anyone while shopping, taps off each item's check mark, as it is put in the cart. Anyone can add another item to the list when necessary and it will sync to the other users.

Works simply and easily. Everyone syncs. Plus, if you want, each user can use all the other great OneNote features. Syncing or not, with other OneNote users too.

Admittedly, our family all have Windows phones, but I would think syncing and editing would be available on the other types of phones too.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS