I was going to try out some custom made apps but am unsure if it is possible to install a XAP (that is to sideload it) without having to use Windows Phone 8 SDK library?

I am aware of a nice Windows Phone Power Tools tool which is kind of a superset for sideloading functionality provided by Windows Phone Application Deployment tool shipped with Windows Phone 8 SDK. But as far as I get it, it's based on DLLs that are installed with Windows Phone 8 SDK.

Most importantly, as I know, it's impossible to provision a device with XAP that isn't published in the Windows Phone marketplace without using Windows Phone 8 SDK and its deployment tool.

Still I am very interested to know if it is possible to deploy XAP without having Windows Phone 8 SDK. It's not that I am against having SDK but it's sort of irritating that it installs Hyper-V HAL and adds Virtual hub without even informing you! On top of that, such a new network topology where you have Windows Phone SDK network (organized by its Windows service) bridged with your local Wi-Fi network via virtual bridge, provides some drawbacks such as my laptop fails to route via IPv6 without explicitly enabling Teredo and Teredo server in local Group Policy Object.

I would heavily like to NOT have SDK on my laptop and still be able to deploy XAP files if only it is possible in some manner.

Thanks.
    10-20-2013 03:27 PM
    Where in hell this is a HOWTO?
    This is a QUERY...

Let's be specific
    10-21-2013 11:52 AM
    This is a QUERY...

Let's be specific
    There could've been how-tos if there were specific answers. So far it's only ranting here. Let's be specific.

That said, I am not against changing the name to avoid ambiguity. I wish I knew how.
    10-23-2013 07:38 AM
    This is a QUERY...
    Let's be specific
    I only wish there was a moderator for erasing posts like this... unless this guy is the moderator! That'd be certainly worrysome.
    02-03-2014 01:22 PM
    plz look into developer section.
    i had found a deployment tool somewhere. it was just around 10 MB. i dont remember much. will try to find it.
    02-04-2014 04:21 AM