GoPro Hero app, HD3+, and Nokia 928 connection workaround

tomxteam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a pretty heavy GoPro user so needless to say I was pretty stoked to finally get HD3+ support with latest GoPro app update. The day I picked up my HD3+ after upgrading from HD2 the first thing I tried was to connect to my WP8 device. Only to be greeted with sad unsupported camera messages. After having my support email returned with the sad news of update in near future I bit my lip and prepared for a long Windows phone wait. I was overjoyed when I noticed the update of the app while at work today, rushed home to finally get live preview working on my Nokia 928! Only to find my unsupported message replaced with 'camera not found.' Chime in sad mac sound.
wp_ss_20131114_0001.pngwp_ss_20131114_0002.png

Hour or so of arm wrestling later, deleting WiFi connections, app, cursing the day, I finally found a workaround. For some reason, not apparent to me, if I put my 928 into AIRPLANE mode, then turn on WiFi, it works. But only in airplane mode. Hmm. Well needless to say, I'm a happy camper. So happy to finally be able to set my angles and take some of the guesswork out of filming.

wp_ss_20131114_0005.png

Thought I'd share the tip in case anyone else has a similar problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon